Thread: Repeatedly disconnected from Internet by AT&T Global Net Work Service - Dial Up

messer Guest

Default Repeatedly disconnected from Internet by AT&T Global Net Work Service - Dial Up

I am using Windows XP Media Center on a new Dell Dimension E310 and ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:6.5.737.000. MY IPS is AT&T Global Network dial-up. I am disconnected after about 30 seconds 4 out of 5 times with my new PC and ZA on. I have added AT&T Global Network Client to my trusted address sites including 3
    ranges of address sites that AT&T uses to send info back and forth to my PC. I still have the problem.
    ?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Repeatedly disconnected from Internet by AT&T Global Net Work Service - Dial Up

Add the ip's of DHCP and DNS servers to trusted zone.Click HERE.Best regards

messer Guest

Default Re: Repeatedly disconnected from Internet by AT&T Global Net Work Service - Dial Up

Thanks, Big improvement, now instead of being disconnected 80% of the time we are disconnected only 20% of the time. Any suggestions on what to try to fix the last 20%?

ad_hock Guest

Ensure that GHPWin32 (svchost.exe) has the right permissions, full access in both trusted and internet and server rights but only in trusted zone (three green ticks and a red cross below server internet). If this is correct and the remaining problem still persists try in tab firewall main, Internet Zone Security click custom and in the new window check 'allow outgoing DHCP/DNS'.Best regards

messer Guest

Completed these suggestions but no improvement. I found a detailed message log in my dialer Software. There is six pages of information in this log but here is the last event entries right before disconnect.
    These were the same exact entries on the last several disconnects.

22:56:40.000 Started 'NetUP.exe'.

22:56:41.046 NetUP - Program updates will be automatically checked after Tue Oct 31 19:13:35 2006.

22:56:41.046 NetUP - Access point updates will be automatically checked after Sun Oct 15 20:13:35 2006.

22:56:41.046 'NetUP.exe' ended.

22:56:41.046 0 programs to auto-start After Performing Network Updates.

22:56:41.046 Beginning status indicator states = 1 1 4 1 (1).

22:56:41.046 AGN Firewall is OFF

22:56:41.046 Ending status indicator states = 1 1 3 1 (1).

22:58:35.500 RasGetConnectStatus() returned error 6 (0x00000113)

22:58:35.500 The dial connection was unexpectedly disconnected.

22:58:35.531 Do 'Disconnect' (no result required)...

22:58:35.531 ---------- Change state to 'BeforeDisconnecting'. ----------

Best regards,

ad_hock Guest

Hi Messer
    If you shutdown ZASS the problem disappears?
    Best regards

messer Guest

NO! Sorry, Initially I didn't seem to have a problem with ZASS shutdown so I didn't
    try to connect with ZASS shutdown after the first contact with you. When I tried this time I was disconnected on the first attempt with the same error message.
    I called my ISP and they said they have no error codes like this and suggested MS or my modem manufacturer.
    Thanks for all your help and sorry again for not rechecking.

Thread Information