Thread: Messenger blocked from logging on

lipmanson Guest

Default Messenger blocked from logging on

I've use MS Messenger with ZA SS for some time. I recently upgraded ZA SS to 737, as a new install not retaining the old settings files. The same week I update Messenger to ver. 8. Shortly after both upgrades, I can no longer log into Messenger while ZA is loaded. I can if I unload ZA, and it appears to run fine if I subsequently reload ZA.

Have checked all my settings and can find no reason that ZA is blocking the log in. There are no Alerts, messages, or any evidence that something is blocked. I have put Messenger in the Trusted zone.

Any suggestions on what's happening here?

Moe

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

pappen Guest

Default Re: Messenger blocked from logging on

I really hope there is a better solution on the way, this seems pretty stupid.

ZA are working in it, I think most (almost all) of the complains about IMSecure are about 6.5.XXX.XXX and MSN Messenger.

omini Guest

I would like to think they're working on it. Being paying customers and all, I'd like to think they would attempt to solve a huge bug like this as quickly as possible. I'm having the same problem.

pappen Guest

Until they solve it (if they do ) it works for me to shut down ZA and log on MSN and then restart ZA.

indratan Guest

Default Re: Messenger blocked from logging on (WORKING FIX, TRY IT!!)

ZASS v.6.5.737.000
    WLM v.8.0.0812.00

USED TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TOO. BUT AFTER FIXING WITH THE WORKAROUND TO DISABLE ZONELAB IM SECURITY (LINK PROVIDED BY BEANDEL AT THE FOLLOWING THREAD), WLM CAN SIGN IN WITH NO PROBLEM.

NOT TOO DIFFICULT! TRY AND ENJOY BACK WLM WITH ZASS!

omini Guest

I tried that fix, but I couldn't get my computer into safe mode.

Edit:

Let me rephrase. I was going to try that fix, but I couldn't even get my computer into Safe Mode for unknown reasons. My computer doesn't seem to operate the same as everyone elses does.

Message Edited by Omini on 10-03-200610:58 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

beachcoffee Guest

While I am searching for the fix to my access problem I have put the "internet zone" into medium security. This lets me access the net on the services that won't access when the security is set to high and allows me to do my work without disabling zone alarm entirely.
    regardsBeach

Thread Information