Thread: I FIXED my Windows Live Messenger Error (81000306) will not og in

mynikita Guest

Default I FIXED my Windows Live Messenger Error (81000306) will not og in

For some time i had problems with Windows Live Messenger & ZA:
    Custom emotions would not work
    Friends pictured would not work
    Web can would not work

And then last week end Windows Live Messenger would get error (81000306) when trying to log in.

Turn ZA "OFF" and it would all work properly :-(

Any way I found the FIX :-)

I hope it can work for you if you are having the same problem.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Edited: I know you meant well by that post by we've been asked to remove the links. Zone Labs says," It will break IM security and may cause issues at a later point when upgrading to new products. We would appreciate if this was not posted in the forum at all or any link to similar directions."

Message Edited by BillC on 10-05-2006 02:27 PM

mynikita Guest

Default Re: I FIXED my Windows Live Messenger Error (81000306) will not og in

Then please tell me 2 things.

Why did ZA support tell one use to fix the problem this way ?

And when are ZA going you got off their.... and provide us with a product that is fit for use?
    One that does not have a bug ridden IM module.
    One with an IM module that will actuall turn off when the user want it to.

Please answer.

Message Edited by MyNikita on 10-05-200608:24 PM

theresonly Guest

I'm getting the same error and it's getting on my nerves. May just cancel my subscription. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Can somebody PLEASE let me know how I can sort it out.

billc Guest

When you say Zone Labs support, did you get an e-mail from Zone Labs technical support? I'm sorry I can't answer the question about a fix. I'm not a Zone Labs employee but rather a volunteer just helping where I can. What I posted in your thread was what was told to me by the Forum-Moderators. That's why I'm curious about who at Zone Labs suggested that fix.

I've seen others comment that it did work for them. Nonetheless, I've been told it will inhibit the functionality of the ZASS firewall and may cause problems upon upgrade. To get direct answers from the horse's mouth sort of speak, contact Zone Labs Technical Support

beandel Guest

I can assure you that Zone Labs here in Australia gave me the same link, following an email to them. I note that all my posts have been removed which show that link. As
    I suggested with a further email to Zone Labs Australia I found it quite strange that they would offer that link anyway. Their reply was it was the only option currently available..

coqui Guest

Hello! Well, I am having the same issue with Windows Live Messenger but I didnt had any issues with a previous version of msn messenger so a posible solution is to download
    the
    previous version. Another solution is to download yahoo messenger and transfer your msn live contacts one by one. Beware as yahoo messenger will give you trouble the first time around due to some new feature that includes plug ins. So my advice is to download yahoo messenger, then shut down so you can turn on windows firewall meanwhile and delete all the plug ins. If you dont do this your yahoo messenger will probably crash your computer, so I remember was the case.Then you turn on Za and sign in on yahoo messenger. I dont give any
    guarantee that it would not give you any problems, but at least you can sign in and send messages( I can't tell if other features will work because I have dont use them). Hope this helps.

doyler Guest

I have only just downloaded Zone Alarm but I get this problem. It seems this issue has been ongoing for sometime given the dates on these forums. Is there still no fix?

I certainly won't be converting my membership to a paid account at the end of the trial if there is no solution. I have just finished using a rival firewall which caused no problems with my Wiindows Live Messenger so I will be moving back to it again without a solution.

generic Guest

A fix in another thread suggested uninstalling Live Messenger (ver 8) and installing MSN ver 7.5
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=14155

Thread Information