Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN Messenger ..... ZONELABS PLEASE NOTE !!!

geddylee Guest

Default MSN Messenger ..... ZONELABS PLEASE NOTE !!!

Right, i'm very
    *issed off at the moment since the 30th Sept/1st of Oct i can't gain access to Win messenger. I need this to communicate on the web, ive had ZASS 6.5 for a few months now and all was fine until, what i think was the updates occuring (manually i might add as mine for some reason don't automatically download & i have checked my settings) that have caused the problem.
    In all mentioned issues on this topic they has been no SOLID solution or exceptance officially to the prob by ZA. We are all paying customers who expect a speedy solution to this world wide problem (unless they want us to move elsewhere "
    *orton are very quick to rectify conflict issues with other software.".. which i will do if nothing changes in 2wks)
    I don't want a long complicated script to follow from another source, for my money i want a "patch", available on next update to rectify the problem.
    ZA monitor this Forum so come on give us the solution or i'm sure all the world's PC mags will pick up on it soon ( Zonelabs incompatible with Windows live Messenger ... did i here someone say, "How many people use this IM ??!!)

Message Edited by geddylee on 10-06-200609:17 PM

Message Edited by geddylee on 10-06-200610:51 PM

diver_pete Guest

Default Re: MSN Messenger ..... ZONELABS PLEASE NOTE !!!

I am having the same problem. Everything fine up untill about a week ago and then no MSN Live messenger. It seems the ZASS firewall is blocking svchost.exe and preventing MSN from logging on. Will keep an eye on this forum incase someone comes up with a solution. Hopefully soon as I dont want to change either program.

billc Guest

Default Re: MSN Messenger ..... ZONELABS PLEASE NOTE !!!

Zone Labs does not monitor this user forum. We are all volunteers here except the Forum-Moderators. It would be best if you contact Zone Labs Technical Support .

lipmanson Guest

Default Re: MSN Messenger: NOW It's happening with 6.5.722 also

I posted a week ago about the problem with Messenter 8 and ZA SS 6.5.737.

Well, I rolled back to 722 and was OK at first. Tried to log onto Live Messenger this morning, first time in about 7 days, and ran into the same problem as those running 737. Was able to login by unloading ZA SS for the login and then reloading it.

I also do not want to have to implement a complicated, convoluted work-around procedure. I'm not saying that the fault for the problem is ZA's, but ZA people should at least keep us informed about their working to fix the problem -- if they are.

lipmanson Guest

After reading BillC's post below, I submitted a report.

OK, any 6.5.XXX.XXX - the IM Secure has issues with MSN 8 (Windows Live). You could roll back to MSN 7.5 or roll ZA back to 6.1.744.001.
    Cheers

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 10-08-200612:30 AM

lipmanson Guest

True...I could also dump ZA entirely. These are reactions, not solutions. Our point is that as paid users/subscribers of ZA we should be dealing with a responsive company. So far, nothing but silence.

Well, vent that opinion to ZA support. I can't help as I don't work for ZA. I'm here to help others as best I can.

beachcoffee Guest

Just for the record I am using ZA free version 6.5.737.0 and Windows Live Messenger 8 and am having no problems. I do have the firewall Internet Zone security set to medium. This due to a problem with losing connectivity when the zone security is set to high. I will have to get on the ball and apply the fix that was suggested on this forum. Im not too concerned because I am behind a NAT router which has a hardware firewall. Even with the security set to Medium the benefits of using zone alarm are things like control over programs having access to the neet and LAN among other things.

lipmanson Guest

Beach...

I have my security set to Medium also, but am running ZA SS (paid user). Maybe it's the virus checker that's causing the problem. Who knows? Evidently, not ZA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information