Thread: "the firewall has blocked local network access to your computer"?

reodis Guest

Default "the firewall has blocked local network access to your computer"?

I have four computers in my house. All are running Windows XP. All are networked. All have ZoneAlarm Security Suite ver. 6.5.737.000 installed. All were configured to allow local network access in the trusted zone. The name of the network is Particles. When I open the Firewall section of ZA, I see:
    Particles - 192.168.0.0/255.255.0 - Network - trusted
    and
    Loopback adapter - 127.0.0.1 - IP address - trusted
    Every couple of days, without me doing anything, ZA will pop up a window saying it's found a new network and it wants me to configure it. So I put in Particles and mark trusted zone. Then, when I'm trying to access computer #1 from computer #2, I find I've lost all network connections. When I go back to computer #1, a ZA security alert is saying that "the firewall has blocked local network access to your computer (NetBIOS Session) from 192.168.0.100 (TCP Port 3220) [TCP Flags: S]."
    This happens more often than I'm comfortable with. Three out of four of these computers were wiped and reloaded freash less than three weeks ago, when I loaded ZA on them Why is this happening and what can be done to make ZA remember settings?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: "the firewall has blocked local network access to your computer"?

Hi reodisFrom what you say in your post your set up seems correct. Your network is in trusted zone and the loopback adapter too. It may happened a corruption of ZA data base that explains why ZASS forgets the setings and you need to reset ZA data base.The down side is you loose all your customizations and need to build a fresh data base but it may be necessary and solve the problem.If you decide to do that click HERE .Best regards

Thread Information