Recently I noticed that outlook express no longer responds to mailto links on webpages. Although it works fine otherwise. When I checked the zone alarm log
I found the following message;
OSFW,2006/09/07,21:02:30 -4:00 GMT,BLOCKED,Internet Explorer,C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE,PROCESS,SPAWNPROCESS,SRC,C:\ PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\msimn.exe,5241cce0-aa05c201-248ea4e1-c0f9c693,5-6df0b7e0-0df358fd-2a268c1a
My Win2k system reports this as "not being installed properly"
zone alarm is blocking the link. When I shut zone alarm down the mailto link works fine. Nothing I have done so far in changing the firewall parameters has made it work. I went through a number of the suggestions on the support page that seemed to match this problem, also nothing.
Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro