what can be the cause that ZoneAlarm Pro sometimes blocks Thunderbird (TB) and MailWasher (MW) from connecting to my eMail server?
Measures taken so far:
- reset ZoneAlarm database
- Firewall - Main: Internet Security: High. Trusted Zone Security: Medium
- Firewall - Zones: All Zones except private WLAN and Loopback adapter (127.0.0.1) in "Internet" Zone
- Privacy - Main: Cookie Control: medium; Ad Blocking: High; Mobile Code Control: on
- Privacy - Site List: eMail server registered and all options unchecked.
- in Program Control - Programs: set Mozilla Thunderbird to Trust Level "Super", allowed "Trusted" and "Internet" access and "Send Mail".
- in Program Control - Options - Security (for Mozilla Thunderbird): "Outbound eMail protection" enabled, "Authenticate components" enabled.
- in Program Control - Options - Expert Rules (for Mozilla Thunderbird): none.
- Program Control - Main: medium
After starting checking eMails with TB it takes about 30s, then TB states: Could not connect to server.
Turn Program Control from "medium" to "off": no problem connecting the server.
It is remarkable, that ZoneAlarm only SOMETIMES block access to the eMail server. In most cases I can connect to the server with Program Control set to "medium". Any idea, what is happening?
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro