Thread: DHCP Does not renew after lease expiration

okandsoldat Guest

Default DHCP Does not renew after lease expiration

Been having some problems with renewing my IP from DHCP.
    When i first boot my PC everything is fine internet connection is up and i get a fresh IP adress from my ISP (DHCP) but when the lease expires the IP adress isn't renewed and so my internet connection disconnects.
    I've read a few posts in this forum wich suggested that i add my DHCP Hosts adress along with the DNS adresses to the trusted zone, allthough this didn't help at all.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by okandsoldat on 10-22-200601:00 PM

billc Guest

Default Re: DHCP Does not renew after lease expiration

Adding your DHCP server IP to the Trusted Zone should have fixed the problem. If it did not, then it might be your ZASS database is corrupt and should be reset. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

okandsoldat Guest

Default Re: DHCP Does not renew after lease expiration

ACCESS,2006/10/24,19:43:54 +2:00 GMT,Generic Host Process for Win32 Services was blocked from accepting a connection from the Internet (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: DNS).,N/A,N/A
    |#ISP's DNS Server IP#|

ACCESS,2006/10/24,19:53:30 +2:00 GMT,Generic Host Process for Win32 Services was denied Internet access because of one or more modules (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: DHCP).,N/A,N/A
    |#ISP's DHCP Server IP#|

One solution (that I've found so far) is to disable component control for the Generic Host Process (wich don't really want to do since it will reduce security). Is there no other way?
    Another thing I've found is that lspconflict.txt contains a reg key value and NOD32 (is there some way to solve the conflict?)

Thread Information