Thread: Connection problems with Google

dynamitekid Guest

Default Connection problems with Google

I use mozilla firefox and I cannot open the Google page.
    The other sites works.
    Anybody may help me please?

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

billc Guest

Default Re: Connection problems with Google

First make sure your Privacy blocking is set on 'Medium'. Clean your browser cache and try Google again. Google should be easy to access because the coding on the page is so very simple. If you still can't access it, tell us what happens when you try.

dynamitekid Guest

Where do I find Privacy?

Beside internet is very slow and I cannot see the sites I watch more
    like cnn and you tube since yesterday morning.
    I made a scan with ZA and it didn't detect any viruses.
    What do I have?
    Did I take a kind of virus?

billc Guest

Open your ZASS Control Panel and you will find 'Privacy" on the left side of the control panel. Click on it then make sure your Privacy sliders are on 'Medium'. Also you will need to clean your browser cache and it sounds like your temp files as well. Do this. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > then click on Disk Cleanup. Let that run then delete everything it finds when you are asked.

dynamitekid Guest

My apologize mr Bill but I'm a little bit ignorant with my pc.
    Now I can see Google and every other site I wish, but have I to
    do the cleanup the same?
    Don't I delete forever anything I'll need?
    Thanks very much for your support.

Regards

Dynamitekid

billc Guest

Worry not, we all needed some help at one time or another. To answer your question, when you run your Disk Cleanup, you will not delete forever things you need. I routinely run mine to keep my computer clean and running as it's best. The reason you need to do this is that once you've got your Privacy in Zone Alarm Pro or ZASS set on 'Medium', you'll want to delete all the old browser cache and temp files so that you get a new page and not a 'cached' page from a time with the older Zone Alarm settings. I hope I've helped in my explanation.

It sounds like you've never run this utility before. It might take a little time (maybe a few minutes) for it to run, so don't get nervous. You should run it regularly in my opinion. Weekly would be good. Some users do it daily.

While you're at it, you might also want to run the Disk Defragmenter found in the same System Tools folder. This will likely take 30 minutes or more so do it when you don't want to use your machine for awhile. This will not harm anything and should be done every 4 to 6 months.

Thread Information