Thread: zonealarm free will not work with 128 k connection

Hybrid View

jamcar Guest

Default zonealarm free will not work with 128 k connection

I have been using the free version for many years. with the dialup connection. Which by the way still works fine. I am unable to use the 128 connection with the free zonealarm. I have tried a clean reinstall but it has not worked. When I shut down the zonealarm the webpages load in.
    Please be elementary with your suggestions as I donot understand all that router business.The internet company tells me I donot need a firewall that I am behind theirs.I am not sure that would help in the case of any viruses. trojans, keyloggers. I do have avg, spybot, spyblaster,x-cleaner running. They seem to all play nicely together. But for some reason Zonealarm seems to have developed an attitude. Thanks J.C.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: zonealarm free will not work with 128 k connection

Does your computer connect to the internet directly or through the use of a router or internet sharing connection with a second computer? Your 128k connection is a cable or dsl connection
    ?

jamcar Guest

to Ledouc: I am not sure that I have this in the right place. I have a box that connects to the telephone line. I have been told it is not a true dsl line. The box is a Lynx 220 Starbridge. It works great when it works. thanks J.C.

need more information .
    I am assuming this computer does not share your internet connection with any other computer...correct?Please open up the command promt and type
    "ipconfig /all". This will give you the ip addresses for your computer, the modem and the dns server. Write them down then go to Firewall>Zones and click on the add button and add the "default gateway" and "subnet mask" to the trusted zone.
    see If this fixes the problem.

jamcar Guest

I didnot get to follow your advice.I had uninstalled the zonealarm to get another firewall to work.To which I might add
    are very complicated.
    Now I cannot get it to reinstall.I keep on getting an error that true vector is running to go to the service messenger and shut it down. I donot know what the heck service messenger is or where to find it. I have tried a restore to previous versions, the zonealarm gives me the same message. Thanks J.C P.S. I went to the task manager but I couldnot tell which file is associated with zone alarm.

jamcar Guest

Sorry same message as above. I forgot to check the email box reply below.For Ledouc:I didnot get to follow your advice.I had uninstalled the zonealarm to get another firewall to work.To which I might add
    are very complicated.
    Now I cannot get it to reinstall.I keep on getting an error that true vector is running to go to the service messenger and shut it down. I donot know what the heck service messenger is or where to find it. I have tried a restore to previous versions, the zonealarm gives me the same message. Thanks J.C P.S. I went to the task manager but I couldnot tell which file is associated with zone alarm.

Thread Information