Thread: How Do I Unblock UDP Ports For Programs

johhnyp Guest

Default How Do I Unblock UDP Ports For Programs

Hi everyone
    I have Zonelabs Internet Security Suite. How do I unblock UDP ports for certain programs to access? I want to play a computer game over the Internet but the game requires access to UDP port 5730
    to connect to the internet, and its saying that access is blocked.
    I tried the following, but it didnt work:
    Clicked the FIREWALL tab, under INTERNET ZONE and TRUSTED ZONE i clicked CUSTOM and then in the dialogue box that is displayed Ichecked 'ALLOW INCOMING UDP PORT' and 'ALLOW
    OUTGOING UDP PORT', and at the bottom where it says 'PORTS' I entered 5730.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks for help in advance,
    Johnny

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: How Do I Unblock UDP Ports For Programs

Hi

If there is a router or NAT enabled nodem, this port must be forwarded as well.

Has the component in the Program Control list be given server rights for the Trusted and Internet Zones?

Has the IP or URL been added as Trusted in the Zones of the Firewall of the Zone Alarm?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

johhnyp Guest

Hey
    My modem is a USB speedtouch modem. I dont have a router. How do I find out if its a NAT enabled modem?
    I have added the component in the program control list and given it server rights for trusted and internet zones.
    I am not sure which URL or
    IP the game uses. I guess I need to find out?
    Jp

Hi

I doubt if it does, but just check with the owners manual or the software that cane with it (if any) or the manufactures forum or a regular dsl forum.

The address should be that of the site where you have joined up. Make sure the site has the correct Mobile Code set in the Privacy of the Zone Alarm.

The site can added as Trusted in the Zones of the Firewall of the Zone Alarm.

Please make sure to remove the server rights for the Trusted and Internet Zones for the game, when you are not playing it. This will leave the firewall in the correct security arrangement. Also when playing the game, use the Game mode in the right click of the ZA tray Icon- this will reduce any interference with your gaming pleasure.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

johhnyp Guest

This is a link to the spec for my modem:

http://www.speedtouch.com/prod330.htm
    I never signed up on any internet site for the game, it just has a network mode, where you can connect to the internet and play online. I have tried to find an IP address in the game manual but there is no information given.
    Hmmmmm , i'm stuck!

The game should have a users forum. Check there.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information