Thread: Last Minute Bidder

aqualung Guest

Default Last Minute Bidder

Big problem: I am trying to use one of these sneaky eBay bidding programs, Last Minute Bidder (LMB)
    is its name, and it just ain't workin', i.e. it just doesn't submit them bids at all. I lost numerous wonderful
    bidding opportunities because of this. So what I did
    was
    I disabled ZA (Shutdown), just in case... So whaddya know, Last Minute Bidder works like a charm! Now, I can't really afford to run my computer w/o a firewall, so I am one step away from ditching ZA.
    What's goin' on then? What is it in ZA X-( that hinders my LMB? Is there anything that can be done? Note that I have given LMB (plmg.exe) all the access privileges in ZA's Program Control Configuration tab, and I have upgraded it to a "Super" trust level and all that.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Last Minute Bidder

That is likely caused by the privacy features in ZASS. You don't have to shuttdown ZA.Go to tab privacy main and disable all the main privacy features,cookie control,ad blocking and mobile code control.Turn them all off.Than clean your browser's cache(important) and load the site. I think it should work.
    Best regards

Message Edited by Ad-Hock on 11-01-2006 03:15 PM

aqualung Guest

Thanks for the reply. You wouldn't happen to know how to clean IE7's browser cache, would you? You mean delete the cookies? History? Temporary Internet Files? Passwords? Form data?

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    Yes I mean that.You may do it in start all programs accessories system tools and than clean disk,or you may do that in IE internet options or you may use ZA tab privacy and page cache cleaner.
    Best regards

aqualung Guest

Okay, I can confirm, it works, just like you said.:8} Thank you.
    The question now is, after all that has been sorted out, can I re-enable the (ZA) features I turned off (i.e. Cookie Control, Ad Blocking etc.)?
    Big thanks, one more time.

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    There are some sites that you need to take extreme measures,and from your first post it seemed one of that and it was only one.But you may try to customize the privacy setings per site regardless the main privacy features you have enabled in privacy main,using the privacy adviser.Go to privacy main and in cookie control click custom.In the new window at the bottom check 'show privacy adviser'.Then when surfing if you have dificulties with a site note that privacy adviser shows in the lower right part of your screen.Click the link 'click here for details'and you go to the sites list in privacy.Locate the site you were having troubles and in the box at the bottom you may see what was blocked.Right click over the site entry and choose options.In the new window with three pages, for each page you may uncheck privacy features and don't forget to click apply before going to next page.Sometimes it's a trial and error until the site loads properly. Also don't forget when doing this to clean the browser's cache before loading the site.This way you customize (edit)per site the privacy features regardless the setings you have in privacy main.This should work in most part of cases and when doesn't result well you have to go to the main privacy setings.Also as a general rule, when downloading (of course from trusted sources)it is advisable to uncheck mobile code control.After the download finished check it again.Hope this helps.
    Best regards

Thread Information