Thread: Not showing all details on websites

haveonelikethis Guest

Default Not showing all details on websites

Hi there
    I had to reinstall my zone alarm pro as it seemed to have troubles - it was showing the update arrow on the desktop icon all the time yet was not doing anything. During the reinstall this message popped up "invalid instal.log file" but it continued and seemed to instal properly and the continuous update icon went away.

Now I have a problem in that I cannot see all of a website - like on eBay.co.uk. I am now missing the middle of the screen which shows you the icons for different sections and the bits on the right that are messages from eBay. I can see the individual pages in the various subsections.

Strange and baffling.

Can anyone help? and please make it easy for a relatively inexperienced user.

Thanks and regards
    Colin

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Not showing all details on websites

The problem you're having is likely caused by your Privacy settings in Zone Alarm Pro. Go to your firewall's
    Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter eBay.co.uk then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

haveonelikethis Guest

Default Re: Not showing all details on websites

Hi Ledoc
    Many thanks for your reply.
    I tried your sugestions but they did not see to work for me.
    However I have solved the problem by resetting the tabs in Privacy for cookie control and ad blocking from HIGH to Medium. This allows me to see the full pages.
    regardsColin

Thread Information