Thread: Constant Alarms for Login King

jcjules Guest

Default Constant Alarms for Login King

I use a program called Login King (most current build) to keep track of my user ID and passwords.
    Every time I start Internet Explorer, I get a warning from Zone Alarm Security Suite (most current version) telling me that Login king is trying to access the internet.
    I tell Zone Alarm "OK - and apply to all suspicious behavior".
    I then get a second Alarm saying that
    a Login King program component is trying to "write code" into IE.exe.
    I again repeat my Zone Alarm OK.
    I then get a third Alarm saying that a Login King "<to do>" file is "writing code" into IE.exe.
    I repeat the Zone Alarm OK a third time.
    If I go through all three of these alarms, everything (IE, Zone Alarm and Login King) works OK - BUT IT IS A PAIN HAVING TO RESPOND TO THESE REPEATED ALARMS!!!!!!
    Telling Zone Alarm to apply my first OK to all suspicious behavior appears to have no effect - because the same alarms come up the next time I start IE.
    I have gone into Zone Alarm Program Control and have marked the Login King programs as "safe" and have OK'd their access to both local and internet, but the Alarms persist.
    Has anyone figured out a way to use Login King without having to repeatedly OK its activity to Zone Alarm?????

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Constant Alarms for Login King

Hi

Right click the items in the Program list in the Program Control. Select the Options and enable the Privacy and give a few more freedom rights for it- such as Allow Application interaction and try it now. Do they have three green bars?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

jcjules Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I have given each of the Login King programs the three bar safety rating - but - I didn't have all of the components marked for "allow interaction." I'll try that and see what happens.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

You are welcome

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

jcjules Guest

Changing the "options" for ALL of the program(s) associated with Login King - more than 50 - decreased the number of alarms, but did not solve the problem completely.
    I still get
    one Zone Alarm warning (instead of 3) about Login King every time I boot my computer (which refers to the main Login King program, which I have listed as three bars safe, and authorized for local and internet access, and have both the internet access through another program and program interaction options checked).
    In addition, I continue to get
    one warning (instead of 3) about Login King attempting to inject code into Internet Explorer - but only the first
    time I start Internet Explorer each day.
    All subsequent closes and re-starts of IE occur with no Zone Alarm warnings.
    I have gone through every program listed in the program window of Zone Alarm, and for every program that appears to have anything whatsoever to do with Login King, I have changed to three bars, authorized at least local internet, and have changed the first two options to allow use of other programs and interaction.
    Any other ideas?????
    One supplemental fact that may be important.
    After your first message, I went through all of the programs to change their security settings.
    When the Alarms continued, I went back to programs to see if I had missed one.
    I was surprised to find "new" Login King programs listed.
    I checked and confirmed that Login King had not downloaded any new version.
    However, I remembered that every time I load Login King, it checks the web looking for a new version.
    Is it possible that everytime Login King checks for a new version, it changes something that Zone Alarm records as a "new program" even if Login King finds that it is up to date, and does not actually download a new version?????
    If so, that might explain why Zone Alarm lists 25 copies of the main Login King EXE file, plus 25 copies of the "to do" program - that links its password list to IE when IE starts.
    If Zone Alarm considers each check for updates to be a new program, that would explain why I get new alarms every time I start my computer and only the first time each day when
    I start IE - because Login King checked for a new version when I started my computer.
    If this hypothesis holds water, is there anyway to tell Zone Alarm NOT to treat Login King as a new program unless or until Login King actually does download a new version???????

Using the Program Control slider at Medium instead of High.

Tried the changes frequently in the right click?

Is there a Enable Privacy in the right click?

Have you given the Login King server rights for the Trusted Zone?

Multiple listings for the very same executible is wrong.

If it seems really mixed up, then remove the ZA database and make the ZA database fresh and brand new like the day it was first installed. To do this>

Boot your computer into the Safe Mode

Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder

Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder

Clean the Recycle Bin

Reboot into the normal mode

ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Now apply the Zones setting>

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
    3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it
    4. Make sure the loopback (127.0.0.1) is listed as Trusted.

Also use the Remember and Apply and Allow in all of the the ZA poups and Alerts.

Now apply the specialized settings and see what happens with the Login King.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

jcjules Guest

Thanks again for the fast reply.
    Since posting my last message to you, I have contacted the Login King support staff.
    They agreed with you that the executable file and todo file should not be showing up multiple times in Zone Alarm - and they advise that they have located the problem.
    While waiting for Login King to come up with a "fix" I have tried your suggestion about marking each instance of the executable and todo files with the "changes frequently" option.
    I'll see if that helps any.
    I would prefer not to have to clean out all of my settings.
    I've spent a lot of time getting them just right, so, I'll try to live with the continuing alarms for awhile (if needed after the "changes frequently" change) to give Login King time to try to fix it from their end.
    By the way, Login King asked if there was a contact person at Zone Alarm that they could talk to about fixing this problem.
    Do you know who I should refer them to?

Technical support>

https://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...ch_support.jsp

found after searching the Customer Support page>

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...lid=nav_csmain

You could also try to to contact Zone labs and inform this of the problem.

I would try to manually delete all Login King (with the Login King off, of course) items and then clean the disk and then reboot. ONLY after they have found a fix for the problem. This way the Login King will have the new and correct amount of entries in the ZA.

Take care and hope this works out for you.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information