Thread: ebay images don't finish loading & adding items to watchlist

gdfpharm Guest

Default ebay images don't finish loading & adding items to watchlist

The green bar at the bottom often doesn't finish loading with ZoneAlarm and it seems that the page doesn't finish loading. With Zonealarm off it loads and finishes right away. Also when I try to add items to my watchlist in ebay, with Zonealarm on it often won't let me or takes forever. With Zonealarm off it works right away. Any suggestions? I have ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2007 edition.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: ebay images don't finish loading & adding items to watchlist

Hi

After following the advice in the reply to your other post, please follow this>

Adjust the Mobile Code for the sites in the ZA Privacy. If the site is not listed, then use the Add feature, and make sure that particular site has all green checks to it.

Guru Hoov has a brief intro to this>

http://www.donhoover.net/privacy.html

Specifying which types of mobile code to block
    You can customize mobile code control by which types of active content to block and which to allow.

To customize mobile code control

Select Privacy|Main.
    In the Mobile Code Control area, click Custom.
    The Custom Privacy settings dialog appears.

In the Mobile Code Control area, specify the types of mobile code to block.
    Block JavaScript Blocks JavaScript content, including that required for common uses such as Back and History links, rollover images, and opening and closing browser windows.
    Block scripts (vbscript, etc.) Blocks scripts that execute automatically, including those required for displaying banners, pop-up ads, and dynamic menus.
    Block embedded objects (java, ActiveX) Blocks objects embedded in Web pages, including sound and image files.
    Block mime-type integrated objects Block mime-type integrated objects Blocks objects whose MIME-type indicates that they are applications.
    Note: This option also blocks legitimate executable files sent through the browser, including downloads that you may want to allow. When this occurs, you'll see the error "This object has been blocked" in the browser. For downloads initiated by you, it is safe to disable the Block mime-type integrated objects feature.

More than likely, all types of cookies and the javascripts and the private header has to be allowed. But allow all for the ebay site.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

harv Guest

Default Re: ebay images don't finish loading & adding items to watchlist

I have the same problem with web sites not loading and have tried the above suggestions without success. Is there something else that I can try?
    Disabling Zone Alarm solves the problem, but, of course, is an unacceptable solution.

Thanks.

Thread Information