After hours of searching the supports boards and implementing the suggestions I have found (to no avail), I'm hoping that anyone *bangs head on keyboard* can think of something different to help.
I run a website that requires daily updates. At this point, I can no longer upload anything using my Smart FTP program. After having that problem with McAfee Security Suite 2007, I uninstalled it and installed Zone Alarm, Free edition. I am still having the same issue; however. A problem I never had until I installed the firewall. I like Zone Alarm, but so far, have not been able to get useful answers.
Here are the steps I have taken so far:
* Read support boards for both Zone Alarm and Smart FTP
* Gave Smart FTP permission to access the internet
* Set SMART FTP up with server permissions, as well.
* Enabled Passive Mode in Smart FTP
* Changed Program Control to Medium in Zone Alarm
* Set Internet Zone Security to Medium in Zone Alarm
* Added my site URL and IP tothe trusted list in Zone Alarm
* Requested help on support boards for both programs.
* Even installed a different FTP program to try it, and it doesn't work either.
Other things to consider:
* My computer is on a 3 computer home network. It is not the main computer.
* Smart FTP has worked flawlessly for a year and a half, and worked the day before I installed a firewall.
* Smart FTP WILL CONNECT to my website, and show the directories. It simply will not upload to or download from it.
Needless to say, I'm at my wit's end! I have gone days without being able to update my website. And at this point, I feel like I'm out of options.
Can any of you help?
Thanks so much in advance.
Message Edited by phyllismc on 11-23-200611:42 AM
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)