Thread: Flickr troubles

samdebretagne Guest

Default Flickr troubles

I read quite a few blogs, and many of those bloggers use Flickr for photo sharing. 75% of the time, their flickr photos won't show up on my computer, and trying to click on their flickr site is even worse - the pictures just don't load. With ZA off, it works just fine.

Can anyone recommend any settings I could change to solve this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Flickr troubles

It's something in your ZASS > Privacy settings that's blocking Flickr. Likely something in Ad-Blocking, but I'm not sure. You'll have to do some testing to see what Privacy blocking feature you have enabled is causing the problem. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page using Flickr and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page and if you want to turn the blocking off for all sites, go to your Privacy > Main panel and do the same thing. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved.

samdebretagne Guest

Thank you BillC, but do you have any further ideas?

I tried your suggestions, but I'm still having problems with loading flickr pages. Plus, the only sites that came with the privacy blocker (while loading flickr pages) were sites like yahoo mail and, bizzarely enough, zonelabs.com, ie. ones that have nothing to do with flick. Changing the settings of those sites did nothing to allow the pictures to load.

I've spent half an hour trying to fix this now, without success, and it's getting a bit frustrating. I don't want to have to keep turning ZA off everytime I want to look at someone's pictures.

billc Guest

It could be your Zone Alarm Pro Privacy database has gotten corrupt and needs to be reset. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information