Thread: Live Messenger again

lipmanson Guest

Default Live Messenger again

It's been 4 months since the Live Messenger v. 8 problem surfaced. Since then I've tried every solution, got a new system, reinstalled v.737 and everything else, and still cannot log onto Live Messenger with ZA SS loaded.

The Connectivity check with LM says that a port is blocked -- no further info.

Everyone is supposedly "working on" this problem. Any solutions yet? It's ridiculous that we subscribe to ZA for updates that usually have problems, and they cannot give us a solution instead of a work around (unload ZA, sign onto LM, reload ZA).

What's the latest?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Live Messenger again

It will be fixed (hopefully) in ZA 7 series... [and in priniciple a patch was released for 6.5.* to allow the signing in]You can try (at your own risk!) the beta of the ZASS 7 that, with "IM security" set to OFF, works well with Messenger 8.
    If you set "IM Security" to ON, messenger will be able to sign-in but display picture and custom emoticons will not function.
    Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lipmanson Guest

Fax:

Thanks for the update.

I saw the ZA 7 beta link, and read about it, but frankly they couldn't pay me enough to try it. I get nervous about trying any ZA SS update these days (I was one of those trying .744 before it was pulled).

Maybe when the non-beta version of 7 has been released and used for about 3 months I'll venture forth, not before.

Meanwhile, it's "unload ZA SS, sign into Live Messenger and get started, reload ZA SS."

Lipmanson, yes I understand your concern...
    On my system ZASS 7 is running very well (note: clean uninstall of 6.5 and than install)
    much better than when I have tested 6.X betas sometime ago.. but of course each machine is virtually unique...
    Cheers,Fax

lipmanson Guest

Fax:

My new system is a Core 2 Dual on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo, 4GB memory, XFX GeoForce 7900 video card. How similar to this is your system (primarily dual core)? I know each system is different, but since this chip is fairly recent, am wondering.

Impressive system, congratulation! Well, I am testing ZA on an old portable VAIO with Intel Centrino and 1GB or RAM. So, indeed very different systems...
    Fax

acydskull Guest

Another "workaround" is to uninstall WLM V 8 from the control panel and install version 7.5. Old versions of many software packages are available at www.oldversio.com.

acydskull Guest

CORRECTION: www.oldversion.com

Sorry

boobztwo Guest

I have been having the exast same problem, but may have stumbled on a solution. Under the overview under the preferences tab, I unclicked the "Hide the last ocelet of my IP address and Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812.00 and am running XP Pro. I made other modifications, but nothing helped untill I did this. Hope this helps othere. Michelle

boobztwo Guest

Sorry, I don't know what happened but when I restarted my computer, I found myself back where I started. I wonder why it worked for me that time though? Michelle

Thread Information