Thread: Slow start up

almir Guest

Default Slow start up

I'm using Zone Alarm (free version) and a problem occurs within the last few versions. Welcome screen (of the windows) appears for about 10 seconds. When I uninstall Zone Alarm the problem disappears. I reinstalled Windows several times but the problem remains. I tried other firewalls and everything works fine.

I' am sure that my Computer is not a problem. Like I said I reinstalled windows several times and installed zone alarm on fresh windows without any other programs (because I want to be sure that other programs are not a problem) and problem is still there.

My computer is AMD Athlon 3200+, 1 GB DDR400 and GeForce 6600GT.

Has anybody some idea?

Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Slow start up

Your Zone Alarm firewall's engine, True Vector, starts as a service in the very beginning of your boot sequence. Then it watches every other application open to make sure there is no nefarious activity going on doing the boot process. As a result, there is a queue of sorts waiting for True Vector to allow programs to open. This will cause you computer to boot a bit slower than normal, but the minor time delay is worth the protection in my view.

If you want to speed up the boot process, you could maybe reduce the number of programs that start at boot (particularly once you seldom use) or turn off Zone Alarm Program control (not advised). I know of no there tweaks you can make.

Default Re: Slow start up

Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information