Thread: Internet explorer accesses internet without permission.

Hybrid View

dracominor Guest

Default Internet explorer accesses internet without permission.

Ok, so I generally avoid using internet explorer, I like firefox, but occasionally I come across sites that demand it, and so I opened it, waited for the window to open and started to head into zone alarm to allow access, and in the mean time, it loaded. It not only loaded the msn default site, but is browsable, I can go to any site.

I am using internet explorer 6.0.2900, and currently the only programs that I allow any access to are AVG update downloader, firefox, firstclass client, generic host process for win32 services, itunes, and zonealarm updating client.

I have internet explorer blocked and windows explorer set to ask. It appears that when i open internet explorer, a generic host process for win32 services is access the internet. Or at least it blinks on the accessing internet icons.

So, I would love some help trying to figure out how to block its access.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Internet explorer accesses internet without permission.

I tried to reproduce your experience but couldn't do it. When I put a red X next to IE under the Internet zone, it does not have access. Did it used to be blocked and no longer is blocked?

One thing I might try is to right click on IE in your Zone Alarm Program Control and then select 'remove'. Then open IE and if you get a program alert, click 'deny'. On the other hand, if you selected to allow Zone Alarm to pre-configure 'trusted' programs, then Zone Alarm will allow it. Then go to your Program control and put a red X next to IE under the Internet zone column. Did anything work?

Thread Information