Thread: cannot clikc on yourtube link

criticalstealth Guest

Default cannot clikc on yourtube link

ok, here is my problem.... first i could not see animated GIF's on a website, but i changed some things around in privacy, now they work..for the most part, not all, but most....

now my issue is, when i have zonelabs open (suite) i cannot clikc on youtube links, i havent tried others sites, whether its from a webpage, or msn convo, it opens a window with a bunch of code.... can some one pleas help me fix this issue!!!

billc Guest

Default Re: cannot clikc on yourtube link

Try this. Go to your Zone Alarm Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.youtube.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

criticalstealth Guest

no luck...any other ideas?

billc Guest

Did you clean your browser cache before you tried the link? Could you post the link so we could test it? Does the link work if you turn off all your Main Privacy blocking?

criticalstealth Guest

i cleared the cache, and its still does not work...here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA&eurl=

billc Guest

I tried the link to see if it would work for me and it does. I've got all of my Main Privacy turned off (cookie, ad-blocking, and mobile code control). Try turn all your Main Privacy off, clean your browser cache and try the site again.

I think you should be able to Customize YouTube and then leave your Main Privacy settings as you wish. If that is not working I think your basic Zone Alarm Privacy database has gotten corrupt and should be reset. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Once you do that, then add the YouTube site to your Privacy > Site list, then locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

criticalstealth Guest

wow, im gonna delete my zonelabs,and get the free one again, that way to much work....doesn't even seem worth it to me....this is **bleep**, if you buy a program, it should work no problem, i shouldn't have to mess around like this just so i can click a goddamn link....im truly unhappy, and unsatisfied!

Thread Information