Thread: Please help, can not go on the internet on the 2nd PC over wireless lan

pokfanclub Guest

Default Please help, can not go on the internet on the 2nd PC over wireless lan

I connect 2 PCs via wireless lan (adhoc). The 1st one is the desktop withusb ADSLmodem connected to the 2nd (centrino notebook) by usb wlan adapter. Latest version of Avast anti-virusis installed on both 2 but only ZAF is installed on the 1st while the 2nd one just turn on the window firewall. File and Printer sharing works well (after the usb wlan adapter's zone was switched to trusted), (shared folders are on the 1st pc), and access to internet (IE) works well on the 1st pc. The thing is my 2nd (notebook) can not connect to the internet unless i shut down the ZAF on the 1st pc. Please help me get through this, thx.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Please help, can not go on the internet on the 2nd PC over wireless lan

Hi pokfanclub
    Altough you are speaking of adhoc networking you still have a host computer and a client computer to do ICS and ZA fre doesn't support that. You need to up grade to ZAPro or equivalent or as alternative get a wireless router and that way you could use ZAfree in the LAN computers.
    Best regards

pokfanclub Guest

Default Re: Please help, can not go on the internet on the 2nd PC over wireless lan

Hi there,Now i have ZA pro installed on both PCs (desktop and notebook). Also had the DHCP and DNS's ip address in trusted zone on both PCs(guess i did them correctly). My problem is that the 2nd(notebook set to beISC's clientin ZA pro) can not access to more than half of my IE's faverites including gmail.com, and etc. while the 1st one (desktop set to beISC's gatewayinZA pro)surfs just fine. File sharingbetween 1stand 2nd is just fine though.Thank you

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

Message Edited by pokfanclub on 12-08-2005 09:55 PM

Message Edited by pokfanclub on 12-08-2005 09:56 PM

ad_hock Guest

Read this post by Guru Bill and see if the configuration suggested solve your problem, if not post back.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23158#M23158
    Best regards

pokfanclub Guest

you guys're rock! so far so good for my both PCs.what i have missed before was probably to input the DNS servers of my ADSL modem, i guess.thank you

ad_hock Guest

Hi pokfanclub
    You're very welcome.Glad it did solve your problem.
    Best egards

pokfanclub Guest

hi there,
    just curious that these DNS servers no. changed after a while? Lately, i suspected that my 2nd PC didn't access to internet well as before and found that the problem was from my ZAP on the 1st PC so i checked this post and redo all steps over and found that there were some new DNS servers no. in my 1st PC. After adding them in, my 2nd PC can access to the internet just fine. I guess both machine surf the web faster than before though.
    thank youpfc

Thread Information