Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Web Site Blocked

kvadi Guest

Default Re: One Web Site Blocked

Haven't been able to try as you suggested yet but hope to do so shortly. If this doesn't solve the problem I'll come back to you. ;D

Thanks for all your help so far.

Jim

kvadi Guest

Okay, tried what you suggested but it has made no difference.

Did a clean uninstall exactly as described on both my computers. Initially I lost my connection to the 'net (as described previously when I had closed down ZoneAlarm). Overcame this by removing all reference to ZoneAlarm on my router (before ZASS I had used ZA Pro and had the old license key setup in the router - removing any reference to this from the router config removed the problem I had connecting to the 'net when ZA was shutdown).

I have also tried a router re-set/re-boot and this has made no difference either. I'm stumped...

webworker Guest

Bill,
    Thanks for that initial reply.
    The holidays and a few unrelated technical issues delayed me in coming back to this.
    We tried your recommendation of deleting the customized settings for the site, recreating them with all options unchecked and a clean cache reset.
    It worked about 90%.
    The person can get to the site now where they couldn't before.
    However, they still intermittently have the same problem where it never loads and the browser sticks at "tranferring data from..."
    I'm having them test with ZASS off to make sure the problem is still ZASS related and not something new.
    Assuming it works with ZoneAlarm off, what else would you recommend trying?
    I did see this recent recommendation for people with slow performance to specfic web sites:

<blockquote><hr>BillC wrote:
    You've done the right things but let's try something. Tell your user to go to his ZASS Privacy &gt; Site List, locate the entry for your site, right click on it, then click to delete it from the list. Now ask him to manually add the site back to his list by clicking on the 'add' button, entering your URL, then clicking 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. Did that work?
    <hr></blockquote>
    Is that applicable here?
    Also, I'm a little concerned that we're leading up to a corrupt database
    diagnosis.
    In that sort of scenario, is there a way to dump the config into something other than ZA's database format so that it's easy to document and re-create?
    Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information