Thread: nintendo wi-fi

bejay Guest

Default nintendo wi-fi

i have installed a nintendo wi-fi usb connector but the only way i can connect my wii to the net is to turn off zonealarm completely i have checked all obvious settings like allow access,trusted zones etc i have been on nintendo web site and on their forum and people in the forum say it will not work with zone alarm.Surely this can not be true any help would be appreciated

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: nintendo wi-fi

Does it show up as a network device?Also forgot to mention, open ZA, go to the firewall page, click the advanced button, all the way at the bottom, uncheck the box for putting wireless networks into the internet zone.

Message Edited by Hoov on 01-06-2007 05:09 PM
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

cptncanuk Guest

I tried too, no luck.
    I can see in the Nintendo tool that I'm connected but get a 52140 error.http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...p;action2.y=18
    It basically comes down to this:[*]
    1. Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.
    2. "Trusted" Applications:
      If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone&quot, the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:
    <ul><ul>[*]Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)[*]Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)[*]SoftAPInstDrv.bin[*]mdriver.exe[/list][/list]

I can connect only if I shut down zone completely.[/list]
    To note, it does show up in Network Connections, however even Nintendo says Zone doesn't work:http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...neFirewall.jsp

hlupton Guest

Yeah, I have the same problem, And there's all that stuff about having to delete ZoneAlarm, but I don't want to do that, I'd rather just shut it off while I game, I'll try that for the time being. But I hope Zone Labs can do something about this.

Thread Information