Thread: ZA Prevents IE7 From Loading

bigdig Guest

Default ZA Prevents IE7 From Loading

Hello, I'm running Windows XP SP2, Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.737. Immediately after upgrading from IE6(which worked fine with all the latest updates) to IE7, I cannot load any web page. It just says "Connecting".I can runAntivirus LiveUpdate and ZoneAlarm Pro Check for Updates without a problem.The ZA Alerts & Logs (Programs type) says "Internet Explorer was blocked from connecting to the Internet". Ideleted Internet Explorer from the ZA program control list, but I cannotAdd it to the list again. I've tried changing some securitylevels etc. to no avail. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!

Message Edited by ledoc on 12-30-2006 11:28 AM

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA Prevents IE7 From Loading

When you deleted Internet Explorer from your Zone Alarm Programs list, did you try just opening an IE window without adding IE to the program list? If not, close all browser windows and then just try to open IE and see what happens.

If that fails, reset your Zone Alarm database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

bigdig Guest

Default Re: ZA Prevents IE7 From Loading

I tried opening a new session of IE7 but it still would not add it to the program list.
    I did reset the
    two ZA database files you suggested, and I can now access the internet with the new IE7.
    It's possible
    the upgrade to IE7
    corrupted the database because I failed to disable ZA and my antivirus prior to installation.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Information