Thread: After ZA Suite Install Cannot Log into Financial Site

thomasmhahn Guest

Default After ZA Suite Install Cannot Log into Financial Site

I really don't understand why after installing ZA I cannot get the my financial site message boards to allow me to log in.
    I have place the site as "allowed" in my Privacy setting in IE and Mozilla.
    Still no luck.
    Any ideas.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: After ZA Suite Install Cannot Log into Financial Site

<blockquote><hr>thomasmhahn wrote:
    I really don't understand why after installing ZA I cannot get the my financial site message boards to allow me to log in. I have place the site as &quot;allowed&quot; in my Privacy setting in IE and Mozilla. Still no luck. Any ideas.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

<hr></blockquote>

I might be able to help. This may very well be due to your Privacy Settings inside the ZA Control Panel. Here's the first thing I'd check... a way to test to see if it is a privacy setting issue. Go into your ZA Control panel to Privacy&gt;Main tab. You will see 3 areas: slider controls for cookies and ad-blocking, and a radio button for mobile code. Turn all 3 off. Refresh your browser and clear your cache (important). Now try to access your financial website and log in. If it works, then it means something in your privacy settings was preventing it. Turning off all 3 controls like you just did unfortunately turns off privacy for ALL the websites you visit. i.e., they are global controls. You can also control the privacy settings for only the websites that give you trouble, while keeping privacy high on all the other websites.

So if the above test confirms that it is a privacy setting issue, here is how you customize a single website so that in the future you don't have to keep going and turning those sliders and button off. Go to Privacy&gt;Site list tab. Scroll down and find the website in question. If you haven't visited it during this session, it won't show, but you can use the &quot;add&quot; button in the lower right corner. You can try to see if you can customize it just using the column display. i.e., a checkmark in &quot;mobile code&quot; (the first column), and checkmarks for cookies might be enough. I'd keep X's in web bugs and private headers. If that doesn't work, then finer tuning is necessary. RIGHT-click on the website name in the list and select &quot;options&quot;. The 3 tabs will pop up for cookies, ad-blocking, and mobile code. You can play around with the settings in those 3 tabs until you get it to work, and click OK. This will save those customized privacy settings to only the one website. All the other websites will continue to go by the global options on the Main page with the slider controls. I've encountered some stubborn websites before where I had to uncheck everything in &quot;ad-blocking&quot; and everything in &quot;mobile code&quot; to get it to display all the website features. But some websites just require something as simple as a checkmark in the &quot;mobile code&quot; column. Please post back your results. Good luck.

Also, for future reference, if you ever try to download a file or read a .pdf file and get a &quot;this object is blocked&quot; alert, go the Privacy Site list in the ZA control panel and put a checkmark in &quot;mobile code&quot;. Then clear your browser cache (important) and try to access the file again. That is usually enough to allow software to download or a .pdf to display.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-01-200707:01 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

thomasmhahn Guest

Default Re: After ZA Suite Install Cannot Log into Financial Site

Thanks Critterjoe.
    It worked!

Thread Information