Thread: still problem ZA

cristobal Guest

Default still problem ZA

1)i kinda solve one problem, i couldnt log to msn!!!
    2) zone alarm still dont let me get into any java chat on internet(i must everytime shut it down ans start default windows firewall)
    3)everytime i send a file thru msn i must shut down ZA because it makes the transfert null or slow as a turtle

are they solutions for this?
    thank you

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by cristobal on 01-07-200707:55 AM

Default Re: still problem ZA

Basically just do this>

Open the Privacy and make sure the site has the green checks beside it accross the entire board. If the site is not listed, then use the Add button in the click or in the lower right corner and add it and then give it all green checks. Then clean out the browser cache ( remove the old setting by this) and then try the site interaction. The site probably has the cookies and javascripts blocked and that alone is enough to stop the interaction.

http://www.donhoover.net/privacy.html

This should fix the site interactions problems.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

cristobal Guest

thank you and do you know about the slowliness issue on msn?

If the msn.com site is slow it maybe just a temporary issue. Last week it was amazingly fast and now I see it takes a bit longer. I also used the Opera and the FireFox and in a desktop where there is no Zone Alarm installed. The delays are still present. Others have complained that certain sites are not reachable whereas their friends can open those same sites. It is probably a glitch in the Internet ( or maybe even attacks on servers along the way).
    It could even be some servers are out for maintenace or hardware upgrades.

msn.com takes 6 seconds to load and 8 seconds to change a page. That is very slow for me. Usually msn is faster than turning the pages of a book.

Take care.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-09-2007 08:18 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

cristobal Guest

thanks but the problem comes from msn when i send files from this application; ZA completely blocks the stream, if i shut down ZA then uses windows default firewall the bandwitdth comes back. do you know why this problem?

Give the browser (that is being used) server rights for the Trusted and Internet Zones. Then try the uploads. After the uploads are completed, then remove those server rights.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information