Thread: Unable To Access Site??

phileasfrog Guest

Default Unable To Access Site??

Hello

Having installed ZA SS I cannot gain access to one particular site using Firefox 2.0.0.1, - a forum on Digital Spy -

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/f...play.php?f=119

I have tried to disable all the privacy / ad etc options in ZA but to no avail, - all I receive is what appears to be Javascript. If I exit from ZA fully, then I can gain access as normal with no difficulty so ZA is clearly an issue here.

I can however gain access as normal on IE6, with ZA running normally with the default privacy settings.

Is this likely to be a non-compliant web site issue only being picked up by Firefox and exacerbated by ZA, or is there something I have missed on the ZA config?

Many thanks in advance!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Unable To Access Site??

Hi!just tested it now.1. without customised settings for digitalspy.co.uk I get only b&W text code (with firefox)2. added manually "digitalspy.co.uk" into site list tab (privacy tab) and give the site full access (no cookie filtering, no ad blocking, no mobile) and now the site loads correctly.Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

phileasfrog Guest

Hi

Thanks for the response but I have tried to enter this site as suggested and have allowed all the options (as I had done previously when I fully allowed all the automatic default settings) but I still receive the text page!

I am baffled - weird as it works on FF when I exit ZA, and it works on IE6 with the default ZA privacy settings! Could this be a FF 2.0.0.1 issue - which version are you running?

Thanks anyway but are there any more ideas please?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PhileasFrog wrote:
    Hi

Thanks for the response but I have tried to enter this site as suggested and have allowed all the options (as I had done previously when I fully allowed all the automatic default settings) but I still receive the text page!

I am baffled - weird as it works on FF when I exit ZA, and it works on IE6 with the default ZA privacy settings! Could this be a FF 2.0.0.1 issue - which version are you running?

Thanks anyway but are there any more ideas please?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!Yes, using the same version of Firefox. Lets do something simpler. If you disable everything in the main (not in the site list tab) Privacy Tab (cookie control, ad blocking and mobile set to disabled/OFF) are you able to access the site?If not, your ZA installation may be corrupted and you need to reset your ZA database (you will loose all your ZA settings. See this link:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlIf it works:...when you added the site what exactly did you added? When you customised your settings what exactly did you customised. Have you accessed to the options via the right click of the mouse button?Please post back...Fax

phileasfrog Guest

Hello again and thanks for taking the time.....

When I put both both sliders on the Main Tab to OFF, and disable Mobile Code, it works fine. However if I put both sliders back to Medium, and Enable Mobile Code, and then allow every tab on the Digital Spy on the site list (Green Ticks against all), then it does not work!

Still baffled!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PhileasFrog wrote:
    However if I put both sliders back to Medium, and Enable Mobile Code, and then allow every tab on the Digital Spy on the site list (Green Ticks against all), then it does not work!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>OK, good.... ZAdatabase is not corrupted. You have to right click with the mouse button on the site --&gt; select options --&gt; you will see three new tabs --&gt; cookies control, ad blocking and mobile code --&gt; untick everything in this 3 new tabs.And now, hopefully.... it should work.Fax

phileasfrog Guest

Hello Fax

Before I saw your last reply I did delete the Internet Logs in Safe Mode. Now it does (touch wood!) seem to be fine. I can now place the x 2 Main Tab sliders to Medium and turn off Mobile Code, and it now works with having set the individual site attributes to allow.

So all is well!

Thanks again for your help.

Glad to hear that you solved the problem...For a nice intro to the privacy feature in ZA please look here: http://www.donhoover.net/privacy.htmlCheers,Fax

Thread Information