Thread: ZA pro firewall blocking port for aplication added in program control

death_paladin Guest

Default ZA pro firewall blocking port for aplication added in program control

Greetings,
    first I wana say hello to the forum members and I must say I'm very pleased with ZA pro firewall. But I have an isue.
    For example ZA adds aplication for certain server in the Program control (usually *.exe). I grant access and server rights for the Internet zone for this server file. I start the aplication, but ZA pro still blocks traffic on this port, dispite the *.exe file is running. People can only join, when I manualy allow port in the customs settings for the Internet zone. But that is painfull, becouse I don't want to have intrusions on this port, when server isn't running. A good example is Remote desktop connection or Counter strike source server. If I put the Internet zone to the medium security then it works, but I like having my ports and computer
    in "stealth" mode. What could be the couse of this blocking ? Can it be solved in expert settings ?
    Thank you,
    Paladin

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: ZA pro firewall blocking port for aplication added in program control

Generally when this happens, you need to write expert rules to keep the ports open. There are pages on my site that explain expert rules a little better than the help file does.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information