Thread: Cant access MIRC

mogymog Guest

Default Cant access MIRC

Yeah, another post about this. But ok here's my setup. I just did a fresh format of my hard drive, installed zonealarm then MIRC.. it refuses to let me access it. I have zonealarm free 7.0.3, and if Im supposed to be clicking some 'let MIRC' connect button or something. Then I'd certainly love to know where its at as I cant find it. If I'm supposed to do what someone else suggested going into safemode and nuking some files why for? Obviously this is a problem they made, and should fricking well be fixing it. I've used ZA for many years, and I dont wanna change, but this is just bunkuss.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Cant access MIRC

I've seen a couple other posts on this same issue. I've suggested a Zone Alarm database reset but no one has reported if it worked or not. I think it should work if you wish to try. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

The setting to unblock MIRC is not found in Zone Alarm Free although the blocking can be engaged. By default, MIRC is blocked in ZASS and the new Zone Alarm Free version comes packed with ZASS guts as well. I hope I've made sense to you.

mogymog Guest

Yes you have BillC. But I find it a shame and incrdibly redicoulas on Zonealarms part that they made this error, and dont seem to be doing a fricking thing to fix it, really aggrivating ta have to go through all this to talk with friends.

mogymog Guest

Well I did what you ofered there Bill, and nothing happened. It still denies it. So, I guess everyone else who didn't reply just got frusterated and ditched ZA and found something else, or just stoped doing mirc. But, since it doesn't seem to work. I guess I'm in router for a new firewall as well. Thanks for the help though

billc Guest

It could be a bug in Zone Alarm Free 7.0...it sounds like it. You could always drop back to Zone Alarm Free 6.5. I'll e-mail Zone Labs Tech support to see what I can find out. You're not alone in this; thanks for letting me know my suggestion did not work (I really didn't know if it would).

Thread Information