Thread: It takes 3 attempt every-time to go online when zone alarm ia on

simonfalcon Guest

Default It takes 3 attempt every-time to go online when zone alarm ia on

I,m reaaly stressed out about this issue that I have, every time I click on I/E to go online i see a message page can not be display, but after the 3rd attempt I,m able to go on-line, please any one can help me I really appreciate it.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: It takes 3 attempt every-time to go online when zone alarm ia on

<blockquote><hr>simonfalcon wrote:
    I,m reaaly stressed out about this issue that I have, every time I click on I/E to go online i see a message page can not be display, but after the 3rd attempt I,m able to go on-line, please any one can help me I really appreciate it.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version: 6.5

<hr></blockquote>

Do you use dialup, cable, or DSL? And if one of the latter, do you use a router or does your modem have some router-type or &quot;gateway&quot; capability? Some modems are just plain old modems, and some broadband modems are &quot;advanced&quot; modems that have some gateway or NAT capability. And are you the only PC on your network? And do you have your network in the Internet Zone or the Trusted Zone?

It sounds like you're having to renew your internet connection from the ISP each time when you launch your IE and that takes a few seconds for it to send your username/password and log you in and negotiate an IP address, etc. If you provide the answers to the questions above, someone can likely advise you on how to keep your internet connection open, which will likely involve adding your DNS/DHCP servers IP addresses to your Trusted Zone, and making sure there is a loopback adapter in the Trusted Zone.

In the meantime, in your ZA Control Panel under Program Control, in the Program List check the settings for Generic Host (svchost.exe).

Trust level - 3 green bars (super)
    Trusted access - checkmark
    Internet access - checkmark
    Trusted server - checkmark (some people can get by with a ? here, but with connectivity problems, a checkmark is often required)
    Internet server - ? or X
    Send mail - ? or X

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-24-200701:47 AM

simonfalcon Guest

Default Re: It takes 3 attempt every-time to go online when zone alarm ia on

Thank you very very much for answering my issue, as you requested I did add a ? to the last two items, the minute i did that Zone alarm came up with this message indication, Inernet Explorer is attempting to collect informations, you could be hacked, so I checekd the Deny, as far as my system goes, I have
    earthlink D.S.L, and I use Linksys Router, and ZYXEL MODEM Model #
    prestige 600.. I,m going to go online at different times to see if adding those 2
    ? made a different or not.once aain thank you very much for your help.

Thread Information