Thread: Firewall Blocks All Traffic

rquigley Guest

Default Firewall Blocks All Traffic

I really wish I hadn't upgraded to the 7.0.3 free version of ZA because it has been such a headache. I used to LOVE this software, and would recommend it to everyone I help with computers.

Anyway, my Internet connectivity has been dropping out between my gigabit lan connection and my Netgear router. I've been used to having problems with my router, so I took the usual steps: unplugged the router, waited a few seconds, plugged it back in, got a new IP. But no Internet, even though I could ping the router. So, I restarted my cable modem. Nothing. Finally I set the Internet firewall to off, and magically I could ping the Internet.

Before you ask, ping has Internet access in ZA, as well as all the other programs that require it. This has happened a few times since then, and I am contemplating uninstalling Zone Alarm and be done with it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    ~Ryan

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Firewall Blocks All Traffic

Make sure your LAN IP is in the Trusted Zone of your Firewall > Zones panel. It probably should look something like this: 192.168.x.x/255.255.255.0

Thread Information