Thread: ZoneAlam + Thunderbird = Can't get mail

Hybrid View

adamduncan Guest

Default ZoneAlam + Thunderbird = Can't get mail

Hi, installed a copy of ZoneAlarm free version yesterday to try it out and it looks good, but I can't receive mail in Thunderbird any more. Sends okay, but get a POP3 error when I try to get mail. So I shut down ZA, same problem. Uninstall, same problem. Mail accounts still work on other machines.

Digging around for solutions has suggested it may have something to do with True Vector, but I'm at a loss for what to do about it. Any clues as to what might be going would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Adam

Some tech info:
    Win XP sp2
    Thunderbird 1.5.0.9
    ZoneAlarm 7.0.302

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlam + Thunderbird = Can't get mail

Make sure Thunderbird has 'access' in both zones in Zone Alarm Program control. Also try adding your Mail Server to the Trusted zone of your Zone Alarm Firewall > Zones panel.

adamduncan Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlam + Thunderbird = Can't get mail

Thanks Bill, I tried those while ZA was installed. It's not even on the machine any more which is the real confusion. Thunderbird stopped receiving while ZA was running, so I tried all sorts of configs to get it going again and in frustration removed the program. But the problem persists. Does ZA leave anything behind after uninstall? Do I have to do a complete re-install of Windows to get my mail working again?

Thread Information