Thread: mIRC Problem

czh Guest

Default mIRC Problem

Ever since I installed the latest ZoneAlarm, it shows me this error when I try to open mIRC:

"Windows caanot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I use mIRC very often and this is the first time I have seen this.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: mIRC Problem

Try this....Go to the IM Secure section, click the advanced button and then uncheck the block mIRC box.

czh Guest

Doesn't work. I heard that using 6.5 will resolve this issue. Is there a link where I can download the 6.5 version? =s

czh Guest

Nevermind. Seems that my Internet Security Suite 7 is letting me use mIRC. Unless... if I broke something and it's not supposed to. I also did do that thing in IM settings but before it still wouldn't let me use IRC. Thanks

cometbaby Guest

Much to my surprise I had the same problem today. Your reply was a bit vague but I finally figured out what you wanted use to do.

1) Open up the IM Security tab in Zone Alarm.
    2) Click on the Advanced tab
    3) UNCHECK "Block IRC" .. click OKAY and close.

Obviously this is a new feature that I will never have blocked since I am infected with the IRC VIRUS:

The IRC virus keeps the user from going into sleep mode... can use up the user's central processor so that it cannot work on other essential tasks... and can even tie up the user's memory on mundane political trivia so that the user cannot retrieve important data (such as birthdates and what time to pick up the kids)

CometBaby

billc Guest

Must have been the gremlins.

czh Guest

I never did trust gizmo that much

q_za Guest

I am an irc user going back to 1995. I am also experiencing this block issue with version 7. I use the free version of zonealarm firewall which does not contain these "IM" settings.
    A temp fix (until this issue is noted and adjusted) is to install the old version.http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html
    hope this helps.Q-ZA

Thread Information