Thread: HP6100 All in one printer

farmer_paul Guest

Default HP6100 All in one printer

Hope someone can help. I am having rouble accessing all functions of the printer though my home wireless network. I am using a Linksys Wireless G router, with Windows XP.
    The printer does recognize the network, but during the softare install, it hangs up towards the end of the setup, when the software ties to test the fax function. Also, after install, I cannot operate the scan function from the computer. Only the printer is accessible from the computer. I have allowed all ZA pop-ups related to the printer. I also tried turning ZA off, rebooting, then reinstalling the HP software with no luck.I contacted HP tech support, but they could not help, except to advise that I change my firewall from ZA to Norton's. I am unwiling to go through the uninstall/install process on the hope that it works, not to mention the cost of the new software.Any idea's, before I return the priinter?Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: HP6100 All in one printer

Do the spoolsv.exe and the printer software have server rights for the Trusted Zone?

The sofware install stalls? Try setting the Program control to Low or Medium. Also make sure the OSFirewall has two flat for StartUp or just ask. Check the OSFirewall Tab.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information