Thread: Groups - AOL - not getting mail from AOL group

keibren Guest

Default Groups - AOL - not getting mail from AOL group

I am not receiving email from a user group on AOL. Before when I used Norton there was not a problem untilI switched to Zone Alarm security suite. It is not in deleted or spam or anywhere! Can someone tell me whatto do to get this group mail. My address is correct on the user group page. Thanks and HELP

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Groups - AOL - not getting mail from AOL group

Using the AOL browser or mail client?

Is the site listed in the Privacy of the ZA with all green check marks?

AOL is your provider?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

keibren Guest

Hi Friend, thanks for trying to help. Here are the answers. Thanks for anything you can do.
    Keith
    Using the AOL browser or mail client? I use Microsoft Outlook on Windows XP to receive mail, and am not missing any that I am aware of except when people mail me from the "mail to all members" of the AOL site. Used to get it when I had Norton - seems to have stopped about the time I switched to ZA, which has been fine otherwise.

Is the site listed in the Privacy of the ZA with all green check marks? I looked at the site list and I only see more recent places I have visited, no AOL. i have the main privaccy set to MED for cookies and MED for ad blocker and have mobile code OFF. Under Program Control there is AOL, but checked all green. If i do type in the site somewhere, I don't know where, and dont know whether to type just groups. aol.com or the complete groups.aol.com/marsalumnisaloon.

AOL is your provider? I go through Eclipse which is a part of Netcarrier. AOL is NOT my provider although I have an account there.

Run the Norton Removal Tool for good measure. It will remove most of the Norton remmants for the Norton uninstall.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv=&osv_lvl=

Manually add the AOL sites to the Provacy site list. Give it all green checks. Add all sites involved. A tip: enable the alerts for the Privacy and the poup will show what was blocked when the site is visited. This helps track down what is being blocked.
    Something simple like third party cookies being blocked can stop the correct web interaction.

As for the email and the ZASS, I am at a loss. I do not use either. However, check the spam box for misplaced emails and the F1 key used when the ZA is open does show the Help file and the email info is very good.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information