Thread: Cannot access Windows Media Player

trbryan Guest

Default Cannot access Windows Media Player

Yesterday, I received a ZoneAlarm warning
    message that Windows was trying to collect information about me. It asked me if I wanted to 'allow' or 'deny' access. I clicked. Two minutes later when I clicked on Favorites I got the same message. I clicked 'deny' and 'remember setting'. Big mistake. As a result, I can no longer access Window's Media Player from the Internet.
    I read today that Microsoft needs full access or you can't use the Media Player. How do I 'allow' access by Microsoft.
    I using ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus ver. 6.5.737, Windows XP SP2 and Window Media Player ver 11.0
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:6.5

trbryan Guest

Default Re: Cannot access Windows Media Player

I found the problem.
    I noticed that there were others with a similar problem so here's the solution.
    Go to Zone Alarm - "Program Control"Click on "Programs"Find "Internet Explorer"Left click on Trust Level Column and Select "Trusted"Left click on Access Column and select "Allow" for both itemsLeft click on Server Column and select "Allow" and "?"Go to Internet Explorer and click on Favorites. You should get a Zone Alarm warning at the bottom of the screen.Select the "Remember Setting" check box first and the the "Allow" check box.This should straighten everything out.

Thread Information