Thread: firefox 2 upgrade causing problems

igobroke Guest

Default firefox 2 upgrade causing problems

I upgraded to firefox 2 the other day. Now I am unable to see certain websites, they do not load. This is especially problematic in MSNBC. This also happened after the last update to firefox. How do I fix this. I have tried all the standard diagnostics firefox suggests. I appears to be a Java problem, as the error console within firefox has all sorts of errors.

Thanks so much.

Igobroke

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

ro_ana Guest

Default Re: firefox 2 upgrade causing problems

I have the same problem. I've upgraded to firefox 2, but it doesn't load any websites at all. Instead, it gives the message "Server not found".

When I turn off Zone Alarm, the browser works just fine, but when I turn it back on, the same problem occurs.
    In the program list in Zone Alarm, firefox was allowed to acces both the trusted zone and the internet, so this was not the problem.
    Then I tried to remove firefox from the list, and then add it back again (I thought this might work), but now there is another problem: Zone Alarm doesn't add it to the list when I choose firefox using the "Add" button, and also, when I open firefox, Zone Alarm doesn't ask me wheather to allow it to access the internet or not, and i get the same message in the browser: "Server not found".

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

billc Guest

Default Re: firefox 2 upgrade causing problems

I think your Zone Alarm database could have gotten corrupt and a rest might fix the problem. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information