Thread: Certain Ebay pages blocked from My Ebay

finalheaven Guest

Default Certain Ebay pages blocked from My Ebay

This is a problem that has been bothering me since I've had ZAPro. I may have to get rid of ZAPro because of this silly annoyance that no one (IE Zone Labs) can solve.

While using Ebay, and specifically the My Ebay section, if I click Sell, View Dispute, and a number of other links, I'm left looking at the same webpage as the browser waits for a response. If I shut off ZAPro or use IE then it works fine.

So, what do I do? I've marked every Ebay webpage and related webpage as fully trusted and set everything as on and ok with said webpages. Still the links are broken.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version: 6.5

Message Edited by Finalheaven on 12-25-200607:28 AM

billc Guest

Default Re: Certain Ebay pages blocked from My Ebay

See if this works. Go to your ZAP Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter ebay.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

finalheaven Guest

Thank you for the help. I appreciate the reply.

Still, it just hangs there. Little twirling symbol and the half hourglass, halfmouse icon.

" If I shut up ZAPro or use IE then it works fine."

So, are you using another browser beside the IE for this , like FireFox or Opera? Does it work with the ZA and the IE?

Reason I say this is the Firefox and Opera do not use ActiveX components or VBScripts. The activeX maybe needed for what you are trying to do.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

finalheaven Guest

I fixed that typo. I meant shut off.

I primarily use Firefox. I don't think it's an issue isolated to my browser alone. It must be an incompatibility between ZAPro and Firefox. I say this because with ZA on, IE works and Firefox does not (for ebay); with ZA off, IE works AND Firefox works.

So Firefox has always had the capacity to work perfectly well with Ebay, and it does so without ZA, but once ZA is turned on, functionality goes out the window.

It's very odd.

Follow the advice from Guru Bill about the Privacy and check out this to help you>

http://www.donhoover.net/privacy.html

Next thing to do is right click the firefox.exe in the Program list of the Program Control. Click the Options and then select the first two items listed and Apply and OK. The Firefox should have three green bars. make sure the Program Control slider is at Medium and not High. Reboot and see what happens.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 12-26-2006 09:56 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

lynnch Guest

I have exactly the same problem
    Firefox and ZoneAlarm

When I click on Sell or Watch this item it cooks and cooks and cooks never loading the page.
    If I turn off ZoneAlarm and do the same this - it loads instantly.

I have changed all the settings, cleared cache, rebooted as suggested in a number of these threads
    and it does not change the behaviour.

shdbone Guest

ME TOO!
    I am going nuts with this in myebay - almost compromised security by wildly ticking green boxes all over the place, no dice!
    The one thing that links ALL of these problems (I also get it with some links in certain newsletters eg Nectar) is that they are all redirects with cgi somewhere in the address - like this one
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:IT&ih=011 if thats not there the pages/links always open, if it has it then chances are it won't open or takes a million years.
    I'm frustrated because I use shortship and things like that not available in IE.
    So all you lovely gurus what is set different on yours to let those cgi thingies through please?

Thread Information