Thread: Looseing network connection when i set ZA to stop all internet activity

tritium Guest

Default Looseing network connection when i set ZA to stop all internet activity

When i am away from my computer for awhile i set ZA to stop all internet activity.And will loose my connection.I do the repair with the internet connectivity and all is well again.Do i need to set it ti stop all internet activity when i am not using my computer?I am usingZA Pro
    6.5.737.000 with Windows XP Norton system works premier 2005.Any help would be appreciated.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Message Edited by Tritium on 03-21-200702:43 AM

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Loosening cable connection when i set ZA to stop all Internet activity

If you loosen the cable no need to stop all activity in ZA as it really doesn't matter,but in all honesty I wouldn't disconnect the cable from the computer unless you have no trust in your firewall,stopping all activity when away from the computer is enough and in my standards a bit much but hey each of us feels secure in a total different manner.

tritium Guest

Default Re: Loosening cable connection when i set ZA to stop all Internet activity

Hi,My spelling was not up to par on that day.I should have said i was loosing my
    network connection if i locked ZoneAlarm to stop all internet activity.Then i have to repair my network connection.and everything is fine until the next time i lock it.Thanks

flyyourway Guest

Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding your first post,but have you added your DNS server into the ZoneAlarm trusted zone yet?

Thread Information