Thread: Is it safe to add IP address to trusted zone?

taherte Guest

Default Is it safe to add IP address to trusted zone?

After upgrading to ZA Pro 7.0 I was unable to connect to work using Contivity VPN. I found that I could connect if I set the security down to medium, which doesn't seem like a good thing to do. I found another workaround but don't if this is reduces my protection. I opened the ZA Control Center Console and went to the "Alerts and Logs" section. I then found an entry that was outgoing direction and viewed the entry detail. The destination DNS was recognizable as the place I was trying to connect to so I clicked on "Add to Zone" and selected Trusted. I tried connecting and it worked fine the first time. The second time I had the same connection issue as previously. I went through the same process again to find an entry in the log. I found the same description but a slightly different IP address. I repeated the process to add it to the Trusted zone. Connection has been working fine ever since.

Is there any issue with adding these two IP addresses to the trusted zone?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Is it safe to add IP address to trusted zone?

The two VPN sites being in the trusted zone sounds alright to me. I don't understand this VPN very well but I have found out that encryption and authenticationis used so I doubt that there is any risk to you. The only thing that needs to be in the Trusted zone otherwise is the local network of computers at your home. They can have security level set to medium.The Internet Zone should NOT have the security level set to medium.It should be on High for that Zone.

Thread Information