Hi,

I recently had a problem of getting disconnected from the general internet after
being successfully connected for a while. The suggestions by the GURU's on this board were
a big help. Based on their advice, I fixed that problem by adding my router's IP address (192.168.1.1)
to the ZAISS 7 Trusted zone. That fixed the problem (in a secure way).

But I have another problem:
Sometimes I work from home by using my home PC via broadband internet to connect to my company's network using a VPN. After I connect to my VPN, a 2nd "New Network" appears in the ZAISS 7 Firewall Zone list (which is my VPN network).
Its listed by ZAISS 7 Firewall Zone list as: New Network, 172.23.50.128/255.255.255.192, Network, Internet Zone.

After successfully connecting to the VPN, I can work for an hour or so, then I get disconnected. No problem.
When I try to reconnect, I cannot, because ZAISS 7 might be in an unstable state, and is not allowing my expert rule which works initially to allow the VPN connection. That expert rule simply allows outgoing UDP connections from a specific port on my PC to a specific port on the VPN destination to enable the VPN session to start.

But after a VPN disconnect, ZAISS 7 ignores this expert rule, and it blocks connection to the VPN the 2nd time.
Also, there are no entries in ZAISS 7 alerts and logs about this blocking of the UPN connection which is strange.
The allowed access for the 1st time connection is listed in ZAISS 7 logs.
Thats why I think ZAISS 7 might be in an unstable situation at this point. But shutting down ZAISS 7 and restarting
it doesn't help. It still blocks the VPN connection on the 3rd try. The only thing which corrects this problem
is a Windows XP Pro reboot. Also, my VPN requires an Internet Proxy - not sure if that could be causing a problem.
I was hoping there might be a simple rational explaination for this, with a simple solution.

Bill

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version: 7.0

Message Edited by wstern on 03-28-200705:16 PM

Operating System:
Windows XP Pro
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version:

Message Edited by wstern on 03-28-200705:18 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro