Thread: ZA blocking full access to certain sites

mannyc Guest

Default ZA blocking full access to certain sites

Hello
    I am testing V7 security suite.
    Browsing around to sites that i go to daily, i found one for which the "Privacy Advisor" popup says that cookies & private headers have been blocked. So, although i can login, afterwards the page does not load unless i disable the Privacy (cookie control and ad blocking). I'm thinkin I hope this will not happen to a lot more sites which the rest of the users frequent.What is the right way to allow access?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: ZA blocking full access to certain sites

go to...Privacy>Site List and click the "add" button and type in the urlwww.nameofthe site then click OK and then find the site you just added in the list and click to give all options green arrows then click on the "Cache Cleaner"tab and clean your cache and then try the siteagain

Message Edited by ledoc on 03-27-2007 12:07 PM

mannyc Guest

HelloThx for respondingI did as you suggested, removed it from the list, re-added , set all check marks to allow, cleaned cachetried it - no success

Hi MannyC

Click the site in the listing of the Privacy and open the Custom and uncheck all blocked items and re-try (after cleaning the browser cache, of course).

Plus some sites have associated sites. Enabling the main site does not work sometimes because there are sites working with the main site and those associated sites have to be allowed as well.

If there still is an issue, enable the Privacy alerts and the ZA popup will show the content that is being blocked.

Also in the ZASS, the Parental control has site filtering. Disable that additional filtering and see if that helps.

Best regards.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mzik Guest

HiI would like, if possible to join1) I cant find in my zone alarm screen "privecy"Can you direct me pls?Thnksmzik

Hi mzik

You are allowed to join.

The ZA Privacy is only available for the paid versions are not the free version.

It looks like this>

http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.html

This should help.

Best regards.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mzik Guest

So, I got a problemI try
    to put HP learning system URL on my trustsed zone and it dont recognize it, and Im unable to reach my coursses (http://h30187.www3.hp.com/)
    otherwise, didnt have any trouble with URL's

It should not have to be added as Trusted in the Zones of the Firewall section. It should be listed in the Privacy section and have all green checks beside it. After doing that, clean the browser cache and it should work okay now.

Best regards.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Double click the Zonealarm icon in the taskbarClick on the Privacy section on the leftClick on the site list tabClick on addcopy and paste or type the HP site URL into the dialogue boxClick OKFind the site you just added on the list and go across clicking to make green arrows for all the optionsclick on the cache cleaner tab and clean your cachenow try the site again.

mzik Guest

I think that the Privacy Icon doesnt appear on the freeware edition ( according to the help)

Thread Information