To start, I need to say that I have been a computer programmer for almost 30 years so I have some experience with these kinds of issues. And, no, DR doesn't mean Doctor, it's the initials of my first and middle name ( Daniel R ) :-)

Anyway, starting a few days ago ( I'm not sure exactly when ), it appears that ALL TCP/IP connections have been so badly slowed by ZA that it's no longer usable. I've been using ZA for about 5 years and have had the security suite installed for about a year. All of a sudden, it started doing this. It might have done an automatic update in the last few days, but I didn't really notice. I have searched this forum for many hours and tried every suggestion I've seen to no avail.

When I terminate ZA, everything works fine. When it's running, every TCP/IP connection including FTP, Email and HTTP takes about 10 to 30 seconds. As you can imagine, a web page that requires 20 TCP/IP connections can take as long as 10 minutes. That's obviously unusably slow. The download speed also appears to be a bit slower but I haven't done extensive testing.

I have Comcast cable with a Linksys wireless router and a 5 mbs connection.

Other computers on the router, without ZA, do fine with both an Ethernet cable connection and wireless connection. I've switched cables, router ports, etc. so it's definitely none of those. Besides, when I terminate ZA, even this computer works fine. The only thing I've installed recently is Second Life and I've since uninstalled it and done a system restore to a few days ago when it was working fine. I have also ended every startup program, everything in the system tray and used Task Manager to terminate every process that it's possible to terminate without forcing a reboot. Nothing haa helped. I've even started ZA and turned off EVERY single protection including the anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall, etc.

I've followed all the suggestions in all the forums that I could find including adding my DHCP, DNS and 127.0.0.1 TCP/IP addresses manually as "trusted", looked for an lspconflict.txt file (it wasn't there), run the majorgeeks TCP/IP and (I forget the other one) repair programs, rebooted many times, etc. When I looked at task manager, vsmon.exe is using 50% (exactly...every time) of the CPU but it also massively interferes without everything I do from switching windows, to loading other programs, to bringing up the start menu, etc. Basically, everything slows to a crawl while it's trying to make a TCP/IP connection.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version:7.0