Thread: ZA:SS Firewall dramatically slowing internet and blocking ebay selling

mokolon Guest

Default ZA:SS Firewall dramatically slowing internet and blocking ebay selling

I recently upgraded to Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite. It's the latest version - I just downloaded & updated. I noticed immediately that internet access speed has dropped. I then noticed that for some pages, the lack of speed is actually a total lack of function. Specifically, the category browsing / selection pages of ebay when you wish to list an item.

I have a local in-home wireless network, but the PC in question is hard-wired to the router which is then connected to the cable modem.

I've narrowed the problem child down to the actual firewall. If I turn it OFF, everything works quickly and perfectly. But I don't WANT it to be off. Is there something I'm missing in configuring this software to run smoothly?

I have the following in Trusted:
    1) Loopback 127.0.0.1
    2) My entire wireless network 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    3) My works VPN server IP address

I tried adding www.ebay.com to the trusted as a site, but it made no difference. I'm certain ebay is just a specific example of a category of problem.

Thanks for your assistance,
    Bill Wire

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

thrash Guest

Default Re: ZA:SS Firewall dramatically slowing internet and blocking ebay selling

Sorry I posted this in the General section by mistake, Sorry for the Double post!!============================================ ==============
    Hi I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I have had it on 3 PC's and my Laptop.
    I have 20Mb Internet Connection and as soon as I install the new version of Zone Alarm Security Suite (Trial) my connection and downloading speed drops from approx 19,356Kbps to a measly 24 - 57 Kbps, upload speed is also taking a huge hit as well.
    If I open a web page which usually takes 1 - 1

seconds to open (yahoo.com) takes about 3 minutes, and if i try to open any other pages I get Server not found, Time outs and all the rest of those Internet Explorer errors.
    I have tried Pinging various servers, Trace Route and all that stuff and most of the time it just times out, No reply or will receive 2 of 4 ping replies and then it just dies.
    I rebooted and loged into Windows XP x64 and done a speed test with no firewall and bam 19,582Kbps so here is nothing wrong with My broadband connection, this happens on Three PC's and My Laptop all
    haver different software installed so there is not realy one program that seems to be causing this to happen except The Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0.367.000.
    as soon as I uninstall (Clean) the new version and try the Older version 7.0.337.000 everything is as it should and Im back upto speed.
    I have tried for Two days to rectify this problem with the new version but as it stands there is just not a chance in **bleep** of it working propery.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

eelydnic Guest

Default Re: ZA:SS Firewall dramatically slowing internet and blocking ebay selling

I am also having the same issue regarding ebay. Ebay pages work fine if I turn ZA off. Just installed a registered version of Internet Security Suite, but what's the point of having it if it cripples a major website! Any ideas/help would be great.

bbdoll Guest

Please see my new thread.
    I just found yours.
    So I'm not the only one.
    I've tried everything.
    Ebay doesn't know either.
    Anyone find a solution?

Thread Information