Thread: ZAISS 7.0.362.000 blocking email port 110 and more problems!

mistress Guest

Default ZAISS 7.0.362.000 blocking email port 110 and more problems!

This version of ZAISS seems to have a multitude of problems associate with it.

ZAISS 7.0.362.000 - Shutdown Hangs - slow boot up and shut downs. I found the temp fix for that, now,
    ZAISS is blocking email port 110!

In the actual program, the "JUNK MAIL" / Advanced will not do anything when clicked!
    It's dead.

After a scan the log viewer said this:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system - ERROR: Handle is invalid
    Then I checked in that folder and found files named:
    default.LOG / DEFAULT.rrr.LOG - SAM.LOG / SAM.rrr.LOG / SAM.tmp.LOG - software.LOG / SOFTWARE.rrr.LOG / software.tmp.LOG
    and there are a few more.
    The ones with rrr or tmp have a 0 file size.

Strange stuff!
    -----
    I have a suggestion for the "WISH LIST" if there is any such a thing...
    There should be a suggested way to set up the scanning options for multiple drives,
    where the files that will always give responses like Scan Failed,Auto in the log,
    or in the program's alerts and logs things like - ERROR: Handle is invalid. or
    ERROR: The environment is incorrect. Then, under 'type' those errors say 'treat'.
    HUH?
    ZA needs to provide a bit more user friendly information so we can use their product as they think it should be used!
    -----
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.362.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.362.000
    Driver version:7.0.362.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070803125001
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.172.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200708.2125
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZAISS 7.0.362.000 blocking email port 110 and more problems!

Try this -<hr>Take a look at this post - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8768
    - thanks to eric_dem for his testing procedure and sharing his results<hr>as well as Moovyoaz - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=22002
    . Well, it seems we have three+ users/posts confirming/verifying the problem and the &quot;temporary&quot;
    solution to this &quot;bug&quot;, hopefully - ZA will get this fixed soon.<hr>and see - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=48754 by elDuck -&quot;I found a useful configuration tip which suggested turning off the e-mail scanning for antivirus but keeping the main on-demand av scanning on. In that way a virus-infected file may end up in your in-box, but when you try to open the file it will still be found - you are secure therefore.
    Given that Kaspersky Antivirus is now in ZA rather than CA antivirus I followed this through.
    Under Anti-virus/Anti-spyware, advanced options, I selected Virus Management and then E-mail Scanning. In there there is &quot;Enable E-mail Scanning (recommended)&quot; and it is checked - I un-checked it.
    Under E-mail Protection I ensured that &quot;Inbound MailSafe Protection&quot; was turned &quot;on&quot;.<hr>IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO DISABLE ALL Virus Scanning; it is only necessary to disable the &quot;Virus Scans of Emails&quot;. That can be done by UNCHECKING the box Enable Email Scanning -

That Enable Email Scanning box can be found by opening Advanced Options in the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware
    section and clicking
    on Email Scanning in the Virus Management section.<hr>http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8736<hr>NaiveMelody NYC - 8-4-07 - Talking In Your Sleep - The Romantics

mistress Guest

I unchecked as suggested. Thanks for that info!
    Do you have any information about the other things that were mentioned?
    I will paste those here.

In the actual program, the &quot;JUNK MAIL&quot; / Advanced will not do anything when clicked!
    It's dead.

After a scan the log viewer said this:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system - ERROR: Handle is invalid
    Then I checked in that folder and found files named:
    default.LOG / DEFAULT.rrr.LOG - SAM.LOG / SAM.rrr.LOG / SAM.tmp.LOG - software.LOG / SOFTWARE.rrr.LOG / software.tmp.LOG
    and there are a few more.
    The ones with rrr or tmp have a 0 file size.

Thanks for your help!!

zonealarmalexs Guest

&gt; it is only necessary to disable the &quot;Virus Scans of Emails

Perfect. All we need to do now is disable the firewall and all our problems are solved . Countersoft... please review your QA processes! Every issue of Zone Alarm I've ever had over the last 3 to 4 years has had one major problem or other. Yes I'm quite mad, I stuck with the product. I know antivirus/firewall software is not straightforward, and there are many combinations and parameters to take into account. But clearly as so many people are having this problem you should have found this issue in your QA testing. This is an outlook plugin that does not work with Outlook (in my case Outlook 2003). It wouldn't matter so much if the issues were trivial, but in this case we have (in part) bought an antivirus scanner that supports one particular mail client that is so efficient that it blocks all mails.

Countersoft please wake up and get into gear! We are not beta testers, we are paying customers and you should be very embarresed about this. One big glitch once in a while fine... but why so many?

Many thanks

Alex

p.s. Did people get this version via autoupdate? I upgraded manually because it wasn't available. I wonder why that is (do those who do not use autoupdate effectively beta testers).

p.p.s.
    I'm sorry for the tone of my post, but zone alarm always been the prime cause of my downtime. Worse than ZX81 RAM pack wobble .

Thread Information