Thread: Locked Out everytime the computer starts

Default Locked Out everytime the computer starts

I hope that someone might be able to explain what is happening and how I can fix it.I have ZASS 7 installed and until recently when starting the computer ZASS started with internet access enabled ("unlocked&quot. Now when I start ZASS is locked - there is a red padlock on the task bar which I have to take off before accessing the internet. I have checked Program Control - Main and the Automatic Lock is disabled. Any ideas anyone?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Locked Out everytime the computer starts

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

Try resetting your database and see if that will fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

ZoneAlarm database reset instructions link:

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...rruptlogs.html

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thanks - I followed your advice and sure enough ZASS starts without the red padlock BUT I am now informed by Windows Security Centre that I do not have an anti-vrus program running. I've updated the anti-virus definitions on ZASS - still the same. I've rebooted the computer - still the same. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue which wasn't with me before.Also in Program Control | Advanced | Alerts and Functionality the option " Require a password to allow a program temporary internet access" cannot be selected (or deselected) because it is greyed out. Any thoughts?
    Brian

Yesterday, after posting, I ran Ad-Aware 2007 and SpyBot then I closed down. Today all appears to be normal. No red shield from Windows Security Centre in the task bar AND I can adjust the greyed out item in Alerts & Functionality. What is happening?

Thread Information