Thread: New Skype doesn't work with ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 ???

dtt Guest

Default New Skype doesn't work with ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 ???

I am using ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000Today I installed the new SKype 3.2.0.175 version and ZA wouldn't allow it log in. It says "Blocked from Listening to port(s): TCP: 80,443-6687How do I fix this? How do I unblock this port?
    Thank you!

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: New Skype doesn't work with ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 ???

<blockquote><hr>Dtt wrote:
    I am using ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000Today I installed the new SKype 3.2.0.175 version and ZA wouldn't allow it log in. It says "Blocked from Listening to port(s): TCP: 80,443-6687How do I fix this? How do I unblock this port?
    Thank you!
    <hr></blockquote>
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

PLEASE go to the following thread and hopefully it will solve your issues with Skype, if not PLEASE post back, THANKS.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=47955#M29993

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

dtt Guest

Thank you! But it doesn't help. I have given Skype all rights in this section and it still doesn't work.

Try modifying your connection settings in Skype (Tools/Options/Advanced/Connection) and make sure you have checked the box which says "Allow Skype to modify my firewall settings".

Also you might try unckecking the box which says "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections" to force Skype to use the port it wants to.

If that fails, you may have to uninstall Skype then install it again so it can do its stuff. Skype goes through firewalls like they aren't there but to do that it requires some sophisticated communications protocols between your computer and th eSkype servers and it might need you to reinstall it so it can set it all up again.

dtt Guest

I tried everything you told me and it still doesn't work. My older version of Skype (2.5 I think) works perfectly with ZA but the newer one doesn't. I think the problem is in ZA because when I install the new version of FireFox it does the same thing - wouldn't allow it to work just like it does with Skype. I guess if we can find out the solution it will work for both cases.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Perhaps the following solution may or may not help you, but at least you can try, if you are interested.

Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.

2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.

3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.

4. Reboot into the normal mode.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

duncanpa Guest

The problem seems to be with ZoneAlarm, not Skype. I have tried Skype versions 3.5, 3.2 and 3.1, all incapable of getting out with ZoneAlarm on, version:7.0.362.000, TrueVector version:7.0.362.000, Driver version:7.0.362.000. This seems to be independent of settings within the Skype and true whether I connect to the internet behind a router firewall or directly. ZoneAlarm log shows that the program blocks Skype attempts to get out, in spite of the fact that Skype was granted all privileges under ZoneAlarm. Interestingly, when privileges are reset to ask, ZoneAlarm never asks for a permission on behalf of Skype. Once ZoneAlarm is switched off, Skype has no problem communicating, still behind the router firewall.

Since my computer is a laptop used in different circumstances, I must have a personal firewall. If the problem does not get fixed within the next few days, I will need to resort to some other firewall. Suggestions??

duncanpa Guest

Uninstalling Zonealarm and installing back has worked in activating my Skype's access to the internet. The process lost, though, zpeng24.dll which I pulled, in a pinch, from the internet. I hope it did not come infected defeating the very purpose of having the ZoneAlaram on.

Thread Information