Thread: connection problems with Windows Vista

roksolid Guest

Default connection problems with Windows Vista

I've been using ZA free firewall for a few years now and appreciate the great protection it offers. I am however disappointed with ZA 7.1 as it limits my connection speed when downloading or just simply browsing the web. I had ZA free 7.1 installed on my vista system for a few days and got fed up with websites not opening properly so I uninstalled it. Everything seems to be running as it should, I have a FTH connection and with zonealarm firewall installed my internet access speed was horrible, maybe comparable to a modem connection and some sites wouldnt even open. Is there something that Im missing here because I configured ZA properly as far as I know, adding my router IP address, dns servers to the trusted zone but still had serious access problems. If anyone has had any luck with zonealarm free on vista please share your settings as I am desperate to get ZA working properly on my system. much thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: connection problems with Windows Vista

Hi!Uuuhm, no issue whatsoever with ZASS 7.1 + internet connection or slowdown...It must be some hardware conflicts... machine related.Unfortunately, as a free user, you cannot contact ZA technical support.Sorry,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

roksolid Guest

Well its obviously not hardware related as I would be having bigger problems than just connection slowdowns if there was a conflict or hardware failure, and the fact that I havent had any issues after uninstalling ZA firewall free.

Hi!yes, indeed it can be simply hardware problems... Network cards, various drivers...I mean incompatibilities with your system and ZA and not your system alone :8}Better you find another free firewall that works for you.Cheers,Fax

roksolid Guest

Wowzers you've been extremely helpful with your comments. It is obvious that you are not well informed about hardware problems and the symptoms such issues can manifest. Usually, if there is a hardware compatibility issue I would be in a worse situation than just connection issues. For one I've already said that after the uninstallation of ZA everythings fine, now if there was other problems such as a hardware conflict would that hardware conflict be fixed just because I uninstalled zonealarm? Second, I am not a computer expert but,
    I would think that BSODs,
    hangs, freezes,
    etc.
    are what you would get from a hardware conflict or a driver conflict. If you cant be of any help then dont comment, its really a waste of both our times.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>roksolid wrote:
    Wowzers you've been extremely helpful with your comments. It is obvious that you are not well informed about hardware problems and the symptoms such issues can manifest. Usually, if there is a hardware compatibility issue I would be in a worse situation than just connection issues.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, it can be simply the network card...
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>roksolid wrote:
    now if there was other problems such as a hardware conflict would that hardware conflict be fixed just because I uninstalled zonealarm?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>YesCheers,Fax

Thread Information