Thread: [Solved] Losing it on HTTP 403 & 404 errors > Turn off Mobile Code

donnie Guest

Default [Solved] Losing it on HTTP 403 & 404 errors > Turn off Mobile Code

I have to admit to total frustration on this.
    For the past 2 weeks I am unable to download programs and get to certain sites due to HTTP 403 & 404 errors.
    I have researched this in the forum and tried the couple of suggestions I have found - all without good results.
    I began to turn off Zone Alarm and could get to some of the sites successfully and download what I needed, but some sites still don't work even with ZoneAlarm turned off.
    I can't even get to Zone Alarm's pwn site to download an update.
    Please help - this is driving me nuts! X-(

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Losing it on HTTP 403 & 404 errors

Donnie,
    Would be very helpful to those who might help you in this forum to know what you have tried.

Also what version of ZASS are you using?

Findley

donnie Guest

Here are some of
    the solutions I have tried from other posts;
    PLEASE go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok. Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved.I think the problem is likely caused by your Privacy settings.The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise that site for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved.
    I solved it by going into ZoneAlarm Privacy tab.
    Then select Site List Tab and click "Allow" under the Mobile Code for the website you're trying to use.
    Sometimes you have to had the website.
    This seemed to work pretty well for me.
    Oh, you also have to go to the next tab - Cache and clean the cache then open a new browser and start again.

findley Guest

Do you have Firewall Trusted zone set at Medium?
    Have you tried another browser?

Since this is both a problem with Za on and ZA off take a look at
    Error 403 " Access Denied/Forbidden" at this linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/245142

<div class="sbody">This behavior may occur if any of the following conditions is true: You are running WRQ's AtGuard personal firewall software, or other Security, Download Assistant, or Web Accelerator software. The Windows Update site control is missing or is damaged on your computer. The Hosts file is damaged or contains incorrect information. There are missing or damaged Internet Explorer files<div class="sbody">
    <div class="sbody">
    <div class="sbody">For ZA HTTP 403 Error<div class="sbody">
    <div class="sbody">Do this;<div class="sbody">
    1 Open ZA<div class="sbody">2 Go to Privacy tab<div class="sbody">3 Turn off Cookie Control<div class="sbody">4 Turn off Ad Blocking<div class="sbody">5 Turn off Mobile Code Control<div class="sbody">6 Now
    download the file<div class="sbody">
    <div class="sbody">Note: After the successful download of your file(s) go back and reset Cookie Control, Ad Blocking and Mobile Code Control to on.<div class="sbody">
    <div class="sbody">Hope this helps<div class="sbody">Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 11-21-2007 02:21 PM

cvolson Guest

Hi Donnie.I also was getting very frustrated because I could not download anything after installing ZoneAlarm. I tried some of the suggestions on this forum but had no success. Finally, I was able to fix this by doing the following:Go to the Privacy PanelGo to the Main tabTurn all settings for Cookie Controal, Ad Blocking and Mobile Code off.Clean your cache.open new browser and try download again.turn Cookie Controal, Ad Blocking and Mobile Code settings back on in privacy panel.I think it was the Mobile Code being off that actually allowed me to finally download.Good luck!

Thread Information